Drummers and/or Fake drummers?

TripleM

Are any drummers out there up for a collab? I've bothered a couple of you before (you know who you are), and I hate to keep bothering the same people. If any drummer out there wants to collab, let me know. Including the one's I've bugged before. :)

Alternatively, I may need to resort to fake drums. I don't really want to, because I just like real drums. But for those of you who get some good results from fake drums, what package(s) do you use/like? And why? I use Reaper, in case that helps.

Thanks.

Alternatively, I may need to resort to fake drums.

Nice try. Guilt ain't gonna work. :D

Just kidding. I'd love to do a track with you again. But I probably won't be able to hit it until next weekend (not this one coming up). If you can wait, cool. If, in the mean time someone else steps, it's all good, I'll take the next one. :cool:

It would be pretty cool to have more than one drummer do a track for you, and then you can try a bunch of things.

A) Pretend you're Steely Dan, use one of the tracks and fire the other guy.

2) Try using one track in the verses and the other guy's track for the choruses.

III) See if the 2 tracks actually work on top of each other, a la Doobie Brothers, etc....

D) I'm stoned and all those ideas are really stupid. :D

Last edited:
Um, I think guilt just worked. :D

I'll PM you links - one to the song and the other to the click.

And the multiple drummer idea could be cool. So if someone else steps up, let's try it.

What type of music? I have never tried the collab thing but I will give it a shot, I am still pretty new at the whole recording world, so I may just waste your time.:D

Atkron - let's give it a spin and see what happens! I'll send you a PM.

edit

Oh and it's kind of power pop stuff. Vocals, distorted guitar, bass, drums, and noise.

Atkron - let's give it a spin and see what happens! I'll send you a PM.

edit

Oh and it's kind of power pop stuff. Vocals, distorted guitar, bass, drums, and noise.

hey man, got the tracks downloaded, really cool tune, Im gonna work on this tonight, :D

Hey Triple, on your comment on my OHs sounding boxy and thin, this is my setup, they are AT 2035s. I posted it here in case anyone has a better idea on placement. Thanks:thumbs up:

Attachments

• OH L.jpg
    OH L.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 18
  • OH R.jpg
    OH R.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 15
Hey Triple, on your comment on my OHs sounding boxy and thin, this is my setup, they are AT 2035s. I posted it here in case anyone has a better idea on placement. Thanks:thumbs up:
Hey Aktron.

I don't see anything wrong with your placement. Maybe try them a little further apart. But there's nothing wrong from what I see. Experiment. Maybe your kit and room needs them to be further, closer, more in front, more behind, etc...One set up might work for someone with their kit in their room, while the same set up might not work for someone else.

Hey Aktron.

I don't see anything wrong with your placement. Maybe try them a little further apart. But there's nothing wrong from what I see. Experiment. Maybe your kit and room needs them to be further, closer, more in front, more behind, etc...One set up might work for someone with their kit in their room, while the same set up might not work for someone else.

Hey RAMI, thanks for the comments, I had them higher and more towards the front, I was missing alot of the snare and the ride, I moved them closer, dropped them down about a foot, it solved the snare and ride problem, I think I can fix them with EQ, right now I am recording them flat, as is with no EQ. I just got them a few weeks ago. I did get a new snare, DW 5.5. 1st wooden snare I have ever had, it really rocks. I usually solve 1 problem and create 2 more.:laughings:

Wow! Not sure what to say. It's a toss up between "Congratulations" and "My deepest sympathy". :eek:

I married the last crazy bitch twice, my daddy once told me, "son if you're gonna be dumb all your life, you gotta be tough" lol

Hey I've neglected this thread for a couple of days sorry. Atkron and I have been PMing.

First of all, I think my "boxy" comment was a bit much. I think OH's have a bit of energy in that range just normally. So call that one a stupid comment. The OH's *do* have a lot of high end. Like in the 10K - 16K range. So they're very bright. But the tracks are more than usable. I just was giving my opinion as a way of helping your drum sound.

The kick/snare/tom sound you have is genuinely first rate. RAMI - his kick is about about on par with yours. That's saying something.

Anyway, I sent an early mix to him, and he seemed to think it was decent. I shelved down everthing in the OH's above 8K about 3-4dbs or so. The cymbal resolution is still very clear IMO.

I'm probably not going to be able to touch it much for another week at least. My real job is getting in the way.

But one more big thank you to Atkron. Don't know if you could ever use my help in the future. But I'll try it I can.

Hey I've neglected this thread for a couple of days sorry. Atkron and I have been PMing.

First of all, I think my "boxy" comment was a bit much. I think OH's have a bit of energy in that range just normally. So call that one a stupid comment. The OH's *do* have a lot of high end. Like in the 10K - 16K range. So they're very bright. But the tracks are more than usable. I just was giving my opinion as a way of helping your drum sound.

The kick/snare/tom sound you have is genuinely first rate. RAMI - his kick is about about on par with yours. That's saying something.

Anyway, I sent an early mix to him, and he seemed to think it was decent. I shelved down everthing in the OH's above 8K about 3-4dbs or so. The cymbal resolution is still very clear IMO.

I'm probably not going to be able to touch it much for another week at least. My real job is getting in the way.

But one more big thank you to Atkron. Don't know if you could ever use my help in the future. But I'll try it I can.

Hey Triple, the pleasure was mine, I really enjoyed it. maybe we can do so more in the future. :D

I hate you guys and your "real" drum sets...jk, i'm just jealous ;) I want to play those drums.

Back