drum machines can't rock

Heck yeah!
it triggers just like any other trig. but at least the Roland mesh trig wont hurt you're wrist like the rubber one would.
-Reco

thanks reco! that is definitely good to hear...i want to use a really nice snare trigger.....glad to know that you don't have to have the roland module...though roland and the dealers don't seem to say too much about v-drum compatibility .....while they do mention that other, less expensive, pads will work with other manufacturers stuff. i was assuming that any trigger would work with any drum module with trigger inputs until someone told me the v-pads wouldn't work with the alesis....thanks again.

reco is right in that the v-drum mesh pads will work as a drum trigger for any device, but I don't think you'd get the regions unless the v-drum is hooked into one of the Roland V-Drum modules. The snare on the V-Drum kit will sound different when you hit it in different areas, and can be played just like a real snare drum for the most part. I don't think you would get this feature hooked into another drum machine. It would be like one of those rubber pads with a better drum head on it, which is good, but much more expensive.

[This message has been edited by Jon X (edited 06-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by j:
will a roland mesh v-pad work with an alesis d4?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a Drummer?
If so, do you use regular Drums, or electric?
Here's what I do sometimes:

I'll record my Drumit-then do "track replacement of the Snare with my DM5.
Just run one of the Submixes of your Mixing board to a D4(DM5 in my case) Input-and send only your Snare track to it.
Adjust the input on the Triger selection of the D4 so that the Snare is firing a snare sound in from the D4.
run an output from the D4 back into the board.
I was surprise at 2 things doing this-it actually tracks very well, AND it is actually dynamic-plus I now have tons of snare sounds to choose from.

As for purchasing a Vdrum simply for using with a D4- I would say it's overkill almost.
Have you ever tried to build your own pads?

You can make one from a Remo practice pad that's generally better than the Pads you can buy.

Tim

hi tim , thanks for your input... to answer your question, i don't consider myself any kind of drummer, though if i get a set together i'll probably record some basic beats myself....the idea was to put together a kit so that friends can come over and jam/record...i don't have the mics or the place for using real drums....i have been thinking about building some pads myself....the original idea was to use pads and the D4 to record midi drum tracks which i would run thru a sampler.....

thanks also to everyone else for your input.

Well, after reading this thread I remembered I had a Remo practice kit in a closet (where most practice kits belong).
I decided to try this conversion to a trigger set and I'll be damned...it WORKS!
A little soldering and lot of cutting out circles from foam and steel and thats about it.

Thanks POLease for that Logiztix link.

I did a six piece set for about $22.00..cant beat that!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RichB:
Well, after reading this thread I remembered I had a Remo practice kit in a closet (where most practice kits belong).
I decided to try this conversion to a trigger set and I'll be damned...it WORKS!
A little soldering and lot of cutting out circles from foam and steel and thats about it.

Thanks POLease for that Logiztix link.

I did a six piece set for about $22.00..cant beat that!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's really SAD about doing this-is that I have a set of ddrums (ddrum 2 RACK system), and this is EXACTLY how the ddrum pads were made-and actually, I personally thought the REMO parctice pad conversion works BETTER-and the damned ddrum pads were at least $200.00 each!
One of my ddrum tom pads "plastic housing/shell" got broken-so since I was no longer using it-I opened it up, and you can not imagine my shock! I was going-"That's IT?!!"
The Ddrum's trigger is encased in a very hard epoxy, and the trigger itself is about the size of a dime. So, it's exopied to a piece of metal that is cut in a octagon shape, glued to a piece of foam, that supports it-then, there's just a piece of foam laying on top.

Tim

Back