Drum library Plugin

FR2620

Hi guys, I'm primarily a rock/reggae guitarist and have just started to put together a setup to do some demo recordings. I got the interface, monitors, keyboard, guitars & amps with a few mics. DAW is Presonus Studio one.

I'm looking to add drums to my songs. I dont want to get a kit(acoustic or electric) as I suck at playing drums.

I'm looking for something that sounds good and has a big library of grooves that I can just drop into my DAW. I have been looking at whats on offer at stores such a Thomann, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at,. My eye was drawn to SSD4 Platinum but I've read that its mainly a prog for kits and has a limited library. Superior Drummer looks great too but seems to be aimed at pre-production. I only started looking at all these drum progs today.

So before I start downloading every demo. Can ye guys tell me which of the drum progs out there would be best suited to my needs. It will at the very least narrow down the amount of demos to download.

Good sounds, big groove library with ready to go samples (or close to ready). Thanks

139 view an no one has an opinion on this subject!!

I must tell me buddy that directed me to this forum that he was talking out of his azz when he said this was a friendly and helpful site.

Thanks anyway

I don't agree with your post and sorry I just saw this. haha

Steven Slate plat has tons of drums, however most of the kit sounds are pre mixed. He did include some more raw sounding drums with version 4 though. I have limited experience with version 4, but own version 3.5.

I don't really think Superior is aimed at prepro either. The avatar studio kit that comes with superior drummer 2 sounds great and leaves you some room for mixing. Most of the add on kits sound good as well IMO. I use superior the most out of all my drum libraries I especially like the Music City SDX.

Ez drummer: The drums are processed and mixed, some add ons sound bad some sound ok. The default rock kit sounds like crap in my opinion. I wouldn't get EZ drummer without getting a couple of EZXs as well (add on drums). Best libraries are Nasheville and Metal Machine in my opinion.

Addictive drums: Sound good, I don't like any of the presets. I think the default kits sound good without any of the drum plugins internal processing. I have limited experience with the add ons. I do own this as well and only have the metal add on, I think the metal add on sounds like crud.

I was debating about drum programs for a while, and ended up picking up EZ Drummer. First it was cheap ($70) as are it's expansions, but it also has a ton of grooves in it. With several variations to choose from. Pick a Style (pop/rock/funky/etc) then pick a Groove (4/4 groove 1 or 6/8 Groove 17 whatever) then pick a variation (4ths Closed had to 16ths Ride Bell). In addition you can adjust the velocity, not just the volume but a bit of the playing dynamics. Once you select your groove, you drag and drop it into your DAW's instrument track, and all of the MIDI (dots and dashes) shows up in the track. This has been a great tool and it really is "easy" to use.

I'm sorry your initial response was less than stellar. Stick around for a bit, there are lots of things to read about here.

Back