Drum Amplifier's/Monitors ???

sushi-mon

I am considering amplifying my Roland V-drum system. I don't want crazy volume, just the ability for full sound to have mild band practice and to teach students on the set as well.

Any opinions and experiences out there ?

I am considering the PM-3 system, which is going to run $550. I also have considered two PM-10s which would run $450. I just found the Yamaha MS50DR which I could probably get for around $250.

The PM-3 seems like a real nice system, however, probably too much volume than I really need. I am not planning on using these in live club situations. The Yamaha is half the wattage and half the price. Any thoughts on this stuff ? Thanks !!! :cool:

Sush

I use a couple of powered JBL EON 10's coming off a little Behringer UB802a... Works perfect for giving lessons as well as some of the smaller clubs we do... For larger venues I replace the EON 10's with EON 15's (or combine them).
I use the 802a because I like to separate everything using the Direct Out's on my TD10 and also use a TD8 for a couple cymbals and my Hart Multipad... Gives nice control and I don't mind taking it out to gigs...

Let us know what you decide on :)

Back