DR770 or DR880

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Looking at both these drum machines wondering which to purchase. The DR770 can be purchased for about half the price of a DR880 on eBay. I need to hear from someone who has used both whether the DR880 is worth the extra cost. I do not really need the guitar or bass features on the DR880 but I'm wondering if it has anything that makes it a better investment from the drum machine point of view.

Really appreciate any feedback someone who has used both machines can give me....

yO Idol: [spelled backwards=LODI?] :D

I've had the DR870 and just plugged in the DR880

Depending on what you want, the 870 is a very good drum box. However, the 880 is a great piece of work.

I'm sure you've checked its features but the Funky Rock patches also have a bass line built in. You can choose to use the simple bass lines, which appear as chords on the LCD. The LCD shows you when the chords make a change; however, after you watch the progression and hear it a few times, no problem to just wail, in my case, on the synth.

I route the drum box through one of my mic pres and get all the sound I need.

I was just telling a friend of mine how fantastic the 880 really is. It has enough patches, without doing programming, to keep you busy for a long time.

Green Hornet :cool: :D

Back