Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More cons: you can't audition it before you buy it
you may not be able to return it if it sucks

Assuming you don't get into a bidding war! :D

EDITED TO ADD: also brass cymbals of that size don't usually sound as good as bronze.

I think it would be better suited on a christmas tree than a drumkit, personally.

Buy it anyway. If you don't like it, well then you know where to put it don't you. ;)

lol yes it is quite festive looking... i donno though its sad im in a stretch that tight for money...

i still owe $75 for concert tickets for the red hot chili peppers!

btw the cymbal is bronze madaudio... i dont know if u were pointing out it was better or whatever...

thanks for the input!

Atterion said:
Just Buy it.......
Even if it is trashy sounding, you can probably find a use for it.

IME, if a splash sounds trashy (especially a 6") you're probably not going to find much use for it.

I wouldn't recommend buying it. Nothing sounds better than a good splash and nothing sounds worse than a crappy one.

random.hero said:
btw the cymbal is bronze madaudio... i dont know if u were pointing out it was better or whatever...

thanks for the input!
Hmm, that's weird. When I first clicked on the link I though the description said brass. I must be tired!

jaykeMURD said:
Get a Wuhan Splash.
i have a 12inch wuhan splash, the ones that were 10 bucks from mf. figured i would try it. not very bright, harsh, but not bright. its also kinda trashy. I actually like it ALOT. its a different sound than a typical splash but still interesting and can be used pretty well in place of a regular splash

eraos said:
IME, if a splash sounds trashy (especially a 6") you're probably not going to find much use for it.

I wouldn't recommend buying it. Nothing sounds better than a good splash and nothing sounds worse than a crappy one.
Could always flip it over, screw it to some sort of stand, and have a very festive ash-tray.

I'll second the Wuhan's, Especially the 12" and 18" chinas, which sound nice and dark and trashy.

Hell, for 10 bucks if you didn't like it you could nail it to the wall and still not be out any money!

Wasn't there some other cymbal company I was suppose to buy a splash from to check out?

Back