cleaning cymbals

The Cotton Candy stuff is called NEVR-DULL - Magic Wadding Polish. It is manufactured by the George Basch Co..Inc , Freeport NY 11520. I know because I happen to have a can of it . It is good stuff.

Thanks! :thumbs up:
It is good stuff

Im another, just warm mildly soapy water, then wipe them dry with a towel. I like the patina and I think it does affect the sound. And whos going to polish the dark rough cymbals like Flat Earth Moon Rides? Just keep them clean.

Cymal cleaning

What do you guys use to clean cymbals? for years I have used Twinkle but am having a hard time finding it locally. I don't like to use anything you have to let dry and buff. thought I would check here to get some ideas. Thanks:D
This is what I use and it works really well and gives your cymbals a real nice shine and brilliance depending on how old they are Wrights Copper Clean brother trust me its goes on and comes off easy.

This stuff will bring that dirt right off so youll need to have some old rags around but when you go to take it off have a nice soft cotton cloth

That warm water and soap bad idea water will ruin a cymbal in my opinion and personal experience

Your personal experience is flawed. Sorry. But explain how/why you think water ruins a cymbal, and how water ruins a cymbal while also being the first ingredient in any cleaning product.

Your personal experience is flawed. Sorry. But explain how/why you think water ruins a cymbal, and how water ruins a cymbal while also being the first ingredient in any cleaning product.

Yeah.

I've always washed them with warm water and hand soap after using brass cleaner, 'cuz that's what gets the residual brass cleaner and all that black crud off off them...and I've yet to see a cymbal ruined because of it.

I normally use warm water and eco-soap (I've got the feeling that eco-soap is less likely to remove the protective layer) to clean them. However I hardly found the need to clean them. My cymbals are 6 yrs old now an still look pretty new.

But this thread reminds me that they probably deserve some special attention from me.

Back