BOSS DR-670 changing snare sound to flam during pattern record

svenmonet

I've now seeing some very strange behavior from my recently purchased (2nd hand) DR-670 drum machine.

I have a basic 4/4 1 bar pattern where I recorded a bass drum, high-hat, and a snare drum. The beat sounds exactly the way I want it. I then copy that pattern to an open pattern and it plays back the same as the original pattern as would be expected. I then go into record mode with the new pattern and delete the high hat and substitute a ride cymbal on the same beats. That works fine but for some reason the snare beats now sound like they were recorded holding the flam button. If I erase the new ride cymbal the snare sounds normal again. Very strange behavior.

I never had this problem years ago when I did the same exercise on a DR-550. Any thoughts?

Apologies. This post probably shouldn't have been on this forum.

I should have mentioned that the DR-670 is plugged in via MIDI in/out to a M-Audio Fast Track Pro device. That is connected to a PC using SONAR. If you play back the recorded MIDI from SONAR it sounds fine. If you plug headphones into the Fast Track device and unplug the MIDI input from the BOSS it sounds fine. It must be some kind of MIDI loop issue but I'm not going to worry about it.

Back