Best double pedal around £150 or $250

breeeeza

Senior MemBREH
Hi i am just putting my mapex on e bay to try and get some more money for a new pedal. There is a DW 5000 pedal on e bay for £150 at the moment but im sure that it will sell for more as it has 13 hours left or something. There are a few DW 7002PT on e bay. Im looking for a fast pedal. Can you reccommend some. Thankyou. :)

breeeeza said:
Hi i am just putting my mapex on e bay to try and get some more money for a new pedal. There is a DW 5000 pedal on e bay for £150 at the moment but im sure that it will sell for more as it has 13 hours left or something. There are a few DW 7002PT on e bay. Im looking for a fast pedal. Can you reccommend some. Thankyou. :)

DW 5000 for £150!!!!!!!!!!!! you would be certifieable if you don't buy it (in my opinion)

The 5000 (whatever the sub letters are for the chain drive and foot board) is the smoothest pedal Ive ever used. Havent tried the 7000s or 9000s though.

grab a 5002 if you can, if you are looking for speed. The sproket on the 5002 is off center making the pedal move faster as you reach the head with the beater (hence eccellerator) The 7002 is a pretty good pedal as well. Take a look to see if the 5002 is single or double chain. the single chain is older. + if it has a bearing hinge or not. the standard hinge is aluminum in color and the bearing hinge is red. great pedal. I've had them scince they were tapco way back. and have had all renditions except the 9000 which I thought was too smooth.

yer i just looked its a single chain. attached is a picture from the listing on ebay cause im not certain what a bearing hinge is. i can pick up a DW 7000 with a double chain drive system for the same price. whats the differnce between single and double chain drive apart from obviously one has one the other has 2 i mean what differnce does it have to smoothness or speed. i have been led to think that it makes it smoother. thanks.

Attachments

• 48_1_b.jpg
    48_1_b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 19
if you look at the hinge at the base of the footboard. IE between the footboard and the heel plate. that hinge if its aluminum IE no color than its a standard hinge. The red hinge is a bearing hinge which is much smoother. A 5002 with a bearing hinge is much smoother beacause there is no play left to right in the footboard thus strait up down movement. single chain or double doesn't really make that much difference with these. seing how there is no movement left/right. a 7000 has a standard hinge thus a double chain will keep the pedal straighter to some extent. My belief is it doesn't really matter either way double or single chain.

Back