Back to basics

BigKahuna

Does anybody have any recommendations for basic rhythm/pattern books?
How about any books on full kit techniques?
I got a Dave Weckl video a while back, and even though it was worth the money just to watch him play close up ... I'm nowhere near doing any of the stuff he can do. :D
So, if anyone knows of any good books on basic drumming, I'd appreciate them.
Thanks

"Rockin bass drum part I" is good. It starts off with basic beats, snare on 2 & 4. No fills, though. I still practice it every once in while. I also found it useful when I needed beat for my drum machine.

Thanks Fita

I'll check that out ...
Any books on basic snare patterns? On this Weckl video, he shows how he translates a basic snare pattern to the kit ... I found it very interesting ... and I'd like to try it. The missing piece for me is knowing the basic pattern to begin with! :)
So ... any recommendations for snare books ... are they all pretty much the same (I mean the patterns are, right?) or are there any specfic ones you guys have used that stand out as particularly good?
Thanks again!

here's another

"Syncopation" by Ted Reed

It has all kinds of variations of 16ths, triplets, dotted 8thnotes. Lots of patterns and easy to use.

In the back of the book I think there is a section of 4 bar 16th note triplet patterns.

I also think this book is the "snare drum bible". I learned this book about 10 years ago when I wanted to learn fills. I still use it today.

That's all until I look into the vault!

Back