Any Electronic drum users want to have fun?

Otter

I need drum tracks on a few of my songs and was wondering if I sent you an mp3 of what I have so far maybe you guys could record drum tracks and send them to me via e-mail. I am not sure how easy this would be but it could be fun.
Or even better I could make a midi file of the song in a real basic form so you could sequence to that.

Well that would be hard also because its mainly guitar stuff.

Any takers? let me know.

Both my brother and I are drummers. He is in the LA area and is sort of over the top like Neil
Peart of Rush. I am a more straight forward
drummer. He has been doing drum tracks and jamming with people thru the Rocket Network:you should check it out. Let me know I would be willing to play to what you got with my Yamaha DTX set or he may with his Roland set via the Rocket Network or whatever. You can email me at ygateway@qnet.com. What type of music do you play? Rock On!

Otter,

Do them yourself you lazy bastard!! :D But seriously there is some really good inexpensive software out there that'll do the trick. What some of us use here is Fruity Loops. It's really easy to use, registration free is really cheap and best of all they provide a free demo that you can download to try out. All you need to do is find samples (wav files) of drum hits etc to program in where ever the hell you want them ...and being the generous folks that we are at the homereccers site a few of us have posted zip files containing a whole variety of drum hits - you can find these if you go back a few months in this forum.

You can check out all the features of Fruity Loops at surprisingly
www.fruityloops.com

[This message has been edited by Cooperman (edited 06-07-2000).]

I thought that frooty loops was like an old 808 or 909 dance style drum machine. I have a Dr-202 drum machine but I cant come up with beats to save my life.

And about rocket network. My computer cant handle it. I am on an old mac that i only use for the sequencing and the web.

What I meant was for you guys to record midi files and e-mail them.

The stuff is rock I guess.

Hey Otter,

I'm expecting a Hart Dynamics kit to hit my mailbox tomorrow (to use with my Alesis DM-Pro module), so I'd be willing to help you out. I'm guessing that you're the same Otter that hangs out at the Planet, so if you have your song on a Roland VS machine it would be very easy for you to snail mail me your data on a CD-R. Just so you know, my machine is a 1680. Just e-mail me directly if you're interested. I think it would be a fun experiment.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Otter:
I need drum tracks on a few of my songs and was wondering if I sent you an mp3 of what I have so far maybe you guys could record drum tracks and send them to me via e-mail. I am not sure how easy this would be but it could be fun.
Or even better I could make a midi file of the song in a real basic form so you could sequence to that.

Well that would be hard also because its mainly guitar stuff.

Any takers? let me know.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Otter!

Dude-I'm in JAX BEACH! Hahaha

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Brown:

Hey Otter!

Dude-I'm in JAX BEACH! Hahaha

Tim
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

btw Otter, Sorry I called you Dude! That just freaked me out! hahahaha
I'm thinking-I wonder what kind of stuff he's looking for, and I heppend to look in the corner(where it has your city listed, and I almost choked! hahaha)

Tim

Back