Anger therapy?

Elton Bear

Unregistered Abuser
Does anybody else ever use your kit as a way to just let your anger out, without giving a goddamn if you're playing anything musical or even technical? I'm just wondering if that's usual practice or not :D

I've found if I'm pissed about something, it's usually good therapy for me to just start jammin. Not necessarily bashin but just whatever pops in my head. Guitar, drums...whatever fits the bill at the time.
It's all good. :cool:

Whenever I get the chance to! I'm a metal fan so I'll just pound out some blast beats for a while until my wrist gets exhausted and cramps up....and by that point I'm pretty ready for a nap. :D

I'm a metal fan too but I play the guitar. I just play some heavy and insane stuff. I do have a drum set that I don't use...

I use my drum kit to create music - just as I use my guitars, keyboards, etc.........I guess I mistakenly thought that was the purpose of learning how to play instruments:D

Actually, I've studied various martial arts for many years - and while this can be a very calming process...........it also is very effective when you feel like beating the living shit out of someone:eek:

I use my drum kit to create music - just as I use my guitars, keyboards, etc.........I guess I mistakenly thought that was the purpose of learning how to play instruments:D

Don't get me wrong, I don't sit down at my drums and jam away at 3,000dB on a regular basis - just when I'm really worked up about something. Of course you're supposed to create music with it, and that helps relieve some stress as well - whether guitar, piano, drums, whatever..

Back