Thread: ACOUSTIC SNARE WITH TRIGGERED TOMS & KICK?

Thanks

ACOUSTIC SNARE WITH TRIGGERED TOMS & KICK?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I do a lot of ghost notes & ruffs on my snare with my style of playing. So...can I use a live acoustic snare with the rest of the kit triggered? My fear is that a hard snare crack will trigger the other drums. To avoid this, I know settings could be adjusted on the triggers to make them less sensitive. However, I don't want them too "stiff" either. Anybody that has experience with this set up, please chime in. Thanks gang.

Thanks
    what type triggers are you using. you should be able to set the cross talk on the tom triggers high enough that a loud snare shouldnt trigger the toms. the bass drum shoudnt trigger falsely at all. the best heads for triggering ive used are the remo power stroke 3-s. ddrum triggers work best for me. the roland ones didnt set up well and ive been through a ton of stick on triggers that worked but i didnt like the cable hangin over the side of the drum.

Thanks
    I'm not using any triggers yet. I'm exploring putting together a triggered kit and am just looking for what options I have. I played for quite a while on a fully triggered kit a few years ago, but the Alesis DM5 couldn't come close to accomidating the intricate snare work I was doing. If nothing else, I love a triggered kick....thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    You could just use a software trigger liker drumagog. Then you just put it on the track, select the sample you want, and adjust resolution & sensitivity to taste

Thread Information