Acoustic Kick that sounds like a 808 Sub Kick...

doesn't really seem like anything that special to me, I guess it could be triggered, but probably not.

he's hitting an electronic drum instead of the bass drum there. you can see him hit it with his left hand at about 1:51'ish.

Hey, that drummer is one of the fucking retards that flail uncontrollably. They hit much harder than needed, and they usually hold the sticks wrong. ROFL. They usually end up with Carpal Tunnel!!!

Oh, about the kick you're asking about....I couldn't make it throught the less-than shitty rap music! :D

jaykeMURD said:
Hey, that drummer is one of the fucking retards that flail uncontrollably. They hit much harder than needed, and they usually hold the sticks wrong. ROFL. They usually end up with Carpal Tunnel!!!

Oh, about the kick you're asking about....I couldn't make it throught the less-than shitty rap music! :D

That's travis barker, in case you didn't realize.

You can't hold sticks wrong. Any idiot who says you can is just some old timer looking for some stronghold over newcomers. He can play 10x better than most drummers so who the hell cares how he holds his sticks

jaykeMURD said:

OK, I don't like the music I admit.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/TravisBarkerrudiment.html
Watch that and then show us how much better you are when you hold your sticks properly.

ericlingus said:
is that guy still with blink 182? Is he a respected drummer?
Yes that is his name and no Blink182 has hung it up. He plays with a coule other guys now.

I just finished watching it...Move over 36mafia, this guy could be up for a grammy himself

Tnx now I've got this stuck in my head

"Heyyyyy Joe,

Where U gowin' wif dat gun in yo hand?"

RFrecordings said:
You can't hold sticks wrong. Any idiot who says you can is just some old timer looking for some stronghold over newcomers. He can play 10x better than most drummers so who the hell cares how he holds his sticks

ahem, yes you can.......................and I'm a youngster

the difference between matched grip correctly & wrong, is huge

& the difference between side grip correctly & wrong, is huge

you can get amasingly good chops, but if you improve the way one holds the sticks it can be that much better, faster, more precise

so I guess that makes me an idiot

BTW I havn't watched the clip........................yet

RFrecordings said:

I'm a teenager for the love of God!!!

Again, yes you can hold sticks wrong!

Sure, he's an OK drummer, but he's a little turd-sandwich! :D

I encouage EVERYONE to go BUY or WATCH the Thomas Lang's Creative Control DVD and then come back to say who is the BEST.....

Thomas Lang is THE BEST DRUMMER WHO EVER LIVED!!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!

I like ringo, em. I know he's not the best at keeping in time but when you listen back a lot of his beats were very original. I favour imagination over musicianship anyday. Who wants to become a malmsteen cock. If ringo did indeed use seaweed and a branch to play drums, he'd be my hero. :D

I don't play drums anyway :eek:

Back