300 posts so far!

RezN8

Blick-um, blick-um...
OK, in honor of my 300th post - I'm starting this here thread on which drum set I'm going to buy for recording.

I have my own book of opinions on gear and such, but I'm welcoming all other opinions.

I've heard good things about Taye, but I've not heard, nor played a Taye kit. So if nay one has opinions on their Studio Maple's, I'm all ears. Besides Taye, I was wondering which drum companies do you feel have the sound that's closest to your dream set up.

I'd also like opinions about shell sizes and depths, head selection, and whether you think the bass drum sounds better without the toms mounted to it, etc.

Thanks for your input. Cheers, Rez

wow i cant believe i missed this, i just found it searching for taye. if its not too late, i own and love a taye studiomaple kit. ive owned pearl and mapex kits before taye, and my studiomaple blows everything out of the water. For the money they THE BEST kit ive ever played. they sound like they cost way more than they really do. excellent resonance in the toms, nice deep sounding kick, and the hardware is amazing.

Back