LiveTrak L-20 import audio files problem

TwistedFor

I can't import WAV files from USB Flash Drive into my ZOOM L-20 project. The audio files are in the same 24/44.1 format as the L-20 project. Mono files for tracks 1–16, stereo files for tracks 17/18 and 19/20. On USB Flash Drive I created ZOOM_L-20 folder and AUDIO folder inside it, in whitch copied files. Set the switch in USB HOST, insert USB Flash Drive and turn the power on. Next MENU>PROJECT>IMPORT FILE, L-20 gives the message «Invalid USB Storage!» I have tried several USB sticks, formatted in NTFS, FAT-32 and exFAT, the result is the same. My firmware is 1.23.

Nothing. Even if I try to export Project with one audio track, the message is «Invalid USB Storage!». IMHO, L-20 no recognize USB sticks at all.

Found this on a youtube comment...
If you're getting "Invalid USB Storage" error, make sure the USB drive is 2.0, formatted to FAT32 AND Partition map set to "Master Boot Record".

Thank you very much, Dave Matthews. USB drive must be formatted in FAT32 and Partition map set to "Master Boot Record". I don’t remember how I formatted it in the RUFUS program. I imported all the tracks that were precious to me into the L-20.

Thank you very much, Dave Matthews. USB drive must be formatted in FAT32 and Partition map set to "Master Boot Record". I don’t remember how I formatted it in the RUFUS program. I imported all the tracks that were precious to me into the L-20.
Awesome!
Glad it worked! :-)

In the Rufus program, FreeDOS is set in the Boot selection field, the rest is the default. On the flash drive create ZOOM_L-20 folder and AUDIO subfolder, the WAV files copy in there. L-20 sees them now. Memory cards via a USB adapter will not work, the computer sees them, but the L-20 does not.
Format.png

Last edited:
Back