AT2035 vs MXL V67g

bellavida16

Recently bought and tested AT 2035 - recording was clear and the mic works great but I'm debating whether to keep or return for the MXL v67g. I'm a female with a thin, sharper upper range and a full richer alto range and in recordings, I sound younger than I am. Any thoughts on which of these two mics would be better suited for my voice?

Quick noobie question also: I don't think the mic stand includes a clip, so do I need to get a mic clip or a shockmount clip ( I ordered the musician's gear ms-220 boom mic stand)? Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Do you live anywhere near a guitar center or other audio outlet of sorts? Mic clips are like $5-ish. I tend towards stereo bars myself. Heftier stand adapter, but I DIY a lot of things these days. With a little PVC and ingenuity, you can make most things at a fraction of the costs. Hardware stores are oddly more common than music ones. Go figure.

Do you live anywhere near a guitar center or other audio outlet of sorts? Mic clips are like $5-ish. I tend towards stereo bars myself. Heftier stand adapter, but I DIY a lot of things these days. With a little PVC and ingenuity, you can make most things at a fraction of the costs. Hardware stores are oddly more common than music ones. Go figure.

Going by gc today but wanted to make sure if I needed a mic or shockmount clip. Also, aren't stereo bars for more than one mic?
I admire anyone who does anything DIY- made a pop filter using an embroidery hoop and some sheer tissue paper and was surprised how resourceful one can be ;) Don't know if I want to DIY something that my mic will be connected to though lol. Thanks as always shadow! Oh, any thoughts on the two mics?

It depends on your budget and goal.

v67g
-----
30Hz - 20kHz
130dB SPL
20dB Noise
74dB S/N
Cardioid and kind of flat response for an LDC. According to specs anyway.

AT2035
-----
20Hz - 20kHz
148dB SPL
12dB Noise
82dB S/N
Cardioid

Being a trombone player, I'd have to go with the 2035 (SPL / Noise). But I like the frequency response curve of the 67 better. According to specs anyway. If specs are to be trusted.

Back