YouTube 12-part series on operation of DP24 & 32 SD models--free

JeffF

Although I do not anticipate regretting the purchase the ProAudioDVDs.com DP24 tutorial (as well as their recording and mixing DVDs), which I am just beginning to study each, I found on YouTube a free, 12-part series on the use of the DP24 & 32 SD models--demonstrated on the DP32SD. (I listed below how to search YouTube for the series.)

My initial impression of the YouTube Tascam introduction video (the first video in the series) is that production appears very well done in format: Not only was the intro video easy to follow (as I am at an entry level), the intro holds promise of further in-depth presentation throughout the series on the operation of overall functions--I learned things just from the intro video that I did not understand mentioned in my DP24SD manual, just taken the unit out of the box.

If interested in viewing, go to YouTube and type Phil Tipping Tascam for a playlist of those videos. (Don't overlook that some parts of the series have various subsections, making the series actually longer than 12 videos--obviously, he put a lot of effort into this project.) You will have to search through his tutorials on various other products--not extensive--to Bookmark all videos on the Tascam series. (I'm new to YouTube and did not find this to be of difficulty.)

Again, ProAudioDVDs.com marketing of a similar instructional DVD appears well done, too; although, as aforementioned, I am just beginning to give it study. I can say with certainty the service with ProAudioDVDs.com, which is linked on Tascam's manufacturer website, was very good; they replaced--without hassle and with sincere apology--a DVD broken in mail transport. (The ProAudioDVDs.com DVD is for the older DP24 with CD burner, but the information is said on the website to be useful for the newer SD model, like mine, as well.) I am equally looking forward to ProAudioDVDs.com's recording and mixing tutorials I bought.

To wrap up, if Phil's work proves as insightful as I hope it to be, I will like having both resources on hand to fully explore my new DP24SD.

If you find Phil Tipping's labor of benefit, he does have a PayPal donation option. I've never used a donation site previously, but if the information he presents proves as useful as the introductory video suggests I will be making a bit of donation toward the end of the series.

I hope this information may be of help to my Tascam peers--JeffF.

Last edited:
It’s a great series. Phil Tipping did a masterful job! I’ve only seen the first three and am looking forward to the rest. Thank you, Phil.

Yep. The Tipping videos are easily the best resource out there for those wanting a near global understanding of the Tascam DP-24/32(SD). I also recommend donating to Phil if you benefit from his effort.

IMO, the really great and clever thing about Phil's approach is the way he uses the block diagram to walk us through the recorders many functions. In this way you get a clear understanding of signal flow and routing - making it much easier to understand the machine's abilities and limitations. So yeah... if you watch the videos... be sure to have a copy of the block diagram in front of you. Very empowering!

Phil Tipping also just released a thorough "how-to" and explanation manual for the Tascam DP-24/32(SD) that is available for purchase and download.

Here is a link to the entire youtube video series (tutorial video 12 shows the new how-to manual):

YouTube

To purchase the 75 page .pdf manual you can email Phil at: patipping at gmail dot com

Thanks, Porterhouse, for providing a YouTube playlist link that has the series organized.

The link you provided the forum is a complete list of the series' videos compiled in order. I suggest that interested members use the link you provided over what I posted of approach of finding Phil's series.

The viewing tip with block diagram is also appreciated.

All the best, JeffF.

Back