What's Your Tascam Product II

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I used to have lots of Tascam/Teac analog gear in the 80's - 90's - no more.

Now all I have is a DP-03SD. I'll be adding a US-2x2 interface soon. That'll DOUBLE my Tascam products! :p

I was hoping to have my new interface up and running by now, but...

the UPS tracking has it bouncing all over my State - and nowhere near me. The site posted a message saying my order "has been misrouted" and may be delayed. It's gone from the northernmost part of the State to wayyy down south, with me in the middle. Oy..

Alright! UPS tracking sez.. my interface has been delivered to my store. Now if the store doesn't give it away, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.. along with some other gear. :D

I'll have to leave my cards and most of my cash at home when I go because, you know how it is.. when you go into a music store for some strings and picks you never know what you'll walk out with. There's a sign on the front door says: Resistance is Futile

Last edited:
Up and running. This thing installed itself after I plugged it into USB :listeningmusic:

At the store, while I was waiting for the salesperson to collect all the items I wanted, I meandered outside of the audio dept. and saw a line of about 12-15 used combo amps - all lined up.. just for me. There was a nice, used Marshall JCM900 50w tube for 699.99, and there was a foot controller on top of it - not sure if that was a package deal.. didn't ask.

That's why I left my cards at home.

The current list:

MX2424 x 3 off, 2 with Analog Cards & ADAT cards, 1 with the TDIF card. Also have the remote RC2424.

M3700, 32 channel full meter bridge automated console

MSR 16S, 2 off, 16 track reel to reel, one is now a parts machine. Plus 2 x Remotes

DA20 Dat recorder

(Pre Tascam), TEAC 3340S, with the AN300 dolby unit and a remote.

I currently have a friends DM24 here which I am trying to fix, I may end up with it LOL.

I think thats all the Tascam stuff. edit: Nope, I just remembered I have a Tascam M1024 live mixer laying around as well.

Alan.

Last edited:
I’ve had a lot of different Teac/Tascam stuff over the years I no longer have...like:

* PE-40 x2
* MX-80
* 388 x2
* M-308B
* M-512
* M-520
* M-106 x2
* Model 5B
* ES-50/51
* 424 mkII
* US-122
* US-224

Currently I have:

* DX-4D x2
* RS-20B
* BR-20T
* 12 x 8 early 80s prototype mixing console

I have an US-1800 hooked up to an old G5, a Teac cd burner hooked up to an old G4, a Porta 0.1( mostly just a conversation piece now), a 424MKII which I still use on occasion. Oh, and 3 or 4 pairs of Tascam head phones laying around for drummers to beat up on. I think that's all but I'd have to check the closet when I get home to be sure!

Current,
2488 for tracking,
A 424MKII just sitting around.
Past Oh boy
3340S
A3340S
40-4 x2
80-8 w DBX
144 porta studio
A2300sx
Model 1 mixer
Model 3 mixer

I've had my US-2x2 interface for nearly 2 months now and I've only got one complaint so far.

The volume knob for Phones is clustered way too closely with the Line Out knob and the 1/4" headphones plug end. When phones are plugged in it can be very difficult to get a hold of the Phones knob, even using just the tips of my 2 fingers... even though I have thin fingers. A few more millimeters of spacing in that cluster would make it more comfortable to use. Most people have fatter fingers than me, I imagine this would be very difficult for them to use.

9FWFvOq.png

My current kit is the DR-60D Mk2. I run it with two Behringer C-2 condenser mics.

Can anyone help. A recent recording of a program off the radio (recorded as an line signal through inputs 3/4) recorded the music at a decent level but the commentary could hardly be heard. Any ideas?

I've still got my 424mkii from the 90s, but the transport doesn't work, so it just sits in the closet for no good reason.

Otherwise, I've got the US1641 that I bought from jimmys69 when I first joined the forum, and I bought the recording bundle with the US2x2 which came with headphones and a mic that are both branded Tascam, though I'm pretty sure they're made by other folks and just stamped with the logo.

I've got a 388 that's the centre of my studio. Have a Mackie 16 channel mixer feeding its first 4 tracks from it's bus mix with all my synths. Can patch in more if I need, but it's the best way to get a quick song going sequenced off my MPC 3000.

Then I have a 246 that's in storage waiting for a spot to show up. Would like to sync them together one day.

Back