What's your Tascam product?

Just got my US-1800. Just figured out today how to use all four outputs to run two sets of monitors + using the monitor out to control my subwoofer.

Thumbs up on the Tascam US-1800. I've been using as my main interface with Cubase for over a year and cant fault it. Clean and clear pre amps, 16 Channel inputs and brilliant latency handling.

I also run a feed from the headphone output to get another usable output of the monitoring channels.

Just got my US-1800. Just figured out today how to use all four outputs to run two sets of monitors + using the monitor out to control my subwoofer.

FW-1804. Thinking of upgrading it. I can't seem to get the sound I want. I do think it's me, although when I had an RME and Yamaha 01V my sound was clean and red hot.

3a_zps32681b9b.jpg

DP-24

Tascam DP006. Basic but for simple acoustic jobs is more than adequate. Decent built in mics and the two mono plus two stereo tracks is actually very useful.

I've not got the mastering function cracked yet and I usually export the tracks to Audacity and finish off there.

Hi Malcolm,

I have a lot of Tascam stuff as well as Teac because I repair them. M520, M50, M1516 mixers lots of Patch bays Model 1's, All kinds of tape decks.
Whatever you end up with if you have a question chances are can answer it. I am not a user of the more modern digital stuff which repair wise is more throw away than repairable- if they repair it they put a new board in. That is not really repair like I know.

New member, but long-time Tascam user. Used to have a DA88 project studio (3 piggybacked for 24 tracks) with a Mackie 24/8 and a few racks of gear. Now have a new DP32 that I'm getting used to. Before all this had an old 2340 which I miss a lot. I'm scared to dive back into vintage analogue gear because I live in the boonies and couldn't get much help maintaining it. Are there people that still service old Tascam gear reliably and relatively cheaply? Would love some encouragement, because I miss the hiss...

Or how about not using because it don't work? A beautiful DM24 that has a blue screen only when powered on and smoked a bit the first power up from LCD vents.
No need to get her drunk.

Back