Using tascam DP-01 FX/CD and am having trouble importing WAV files from my computer

Gary Schutza

I am trying to import WAV files from my computer (iTunes) into my DP-01 FX/CD. These are my own compositions, written and recorded through Sibelius so there could be no legal issues.
I've done this before, though it was a 2 or 3 years ago. I can import the WAV files into the portastation just fine. When I open the disc on my computer (macbook pro) the wav file is there in the wav folder.
I then exit the computer, disconnecting the USB cable (just in case that was the issue, tried it both ways) then go to the WAV area and hit "import", to which I get "No files found".
I have also gone into the partition that I'm going to work in and created a song with the same title, hoping that I had to have a destination. Still no luck. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to actually record some noise on one track the same length as the file I'm trying to import. Should I try that?

Obviously I'm an idiot and am doing something/not doing something stupid.

can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

I've been obsessing about this all night. What I've found out is that the import feature only works for MONO .WAV files. The files I was trying to import were stereo, made by me in Sibelius. I had no clue as to how to convert them to mono and wasn't sure I really wanted to, as they were recorded with good stereo separation.

I have found a simple inelegant solution in that I made a patch chord from my 1/8" headphone jack out of my laptop ending in 2 mono 1/4" mike plugs which I ran into the 1/4" mike inputs on channel 1 & 2.

Not the solution I would've wanted, but it serves the purpose. My efforts were never intended for sale or public use, only to be able to prove to myself and my friends when I'm totally over the hill and in a home that I could once upon a time in the far distant past really play.

Thanks
Gary Schutza

I have had the same problem with the DP-01.

I solve it this way: I import the track into Audacity on my computer. I seperate the stereo track into two monos. Then I eliminate one and export it mono. Then I bring back the other one with undo, eliminate the other one, and export mono again. Import them both to seperate tracks on the Tascam. Bounce them together if you like or use some pan for stereo again on the two tracks. Beware bouncing with hard pans!

Back