Using Reverb on DP32 SD

Jeff R 50

Hello, I just upgraded from a DP03 SD to the DP32 SD but I am having trouble figuring out how to assign and adjust the reverb for each individual track (for both recording and playback modes). On the old DP03 SD it was very straightforward with a "reverb" knob for each track but on the DP32 SD it's not so clear how to do this basic task. I can see the "guitar effects" settings can do this but I want to use it for keyboards and vocals and on the stereo tracks too. Can someone please point me inn the right direction? Thank you. Jeff R.

First thing I'd ask is how is it addressed in the manual?
I'm brand new to a digital QU mixer. Took me three or for dives into it before getting most of the functions down.

Thank you for the response I guess that's part of my problem, the manual doesn't really address this issue in a coherent method (at least not for me anyway). Seems like there's really no way to add reverb to your voice when your recording vocals, you can only add it to the track on playback. Even my first cheap little Tascam 8 track digital recorder had the ability to add reverb directly to each track in the record and play modes so I'm kind of bummed that this $550 DP32 SD cannot even perform such a basic function. I appreciate your reply.

I have a DP-24 and you can indeed use reverb on the way in.........wet or dry.............or assign it after the fact. Can't give you details on how to set that up because I'm not looking at it right at this moment and don't want to throw you off. It's very easy though. If I get a chance I'll go over the manual again and let you know. However.............just google it and there will be lots of DP32SD and DP24 vids to watch.

I suggest that you watch these series of videos (or just the one or two that address effects)... for a near *global* understanding of the DP-32SD. Phil explains this in absolute easy to understand detail and misses nothing.

The different effects options in these machines is probably the most confusing aspect - but absolutely a cinch once you get it down.

I'd also like to suggest that if you if you feel that you've gotten something of real value from this series - as I did - that you contribute something to Phil for his efforts.

; - )

Tascam DP-24SD/32SD Portastudio Tutorial - YouTube

Thank you Bluroots, I have found the videos you mentioned and they are very helpful. I'm glad to hear that this is the most confusing aspect of the units because the rest of the operating procedures seem pretty straightforward and intuitive.

Thank you Bluroots, I have found the videos you mentioned and they are very helpful. I'm glad to hear that this is the most confusing aspect of the units because the rest of the operating procedures seem pretty straightforward and intuitive.

Oh good. Glad you found those. Phil did an outstanding job with that. Yep, I agree that, generally, these units are pretty straightforward and easy to navigate and operate. I had a pretty strong grasp of most of the functions before - but after watching those videos carefully - I came away with a near total understanding of what these are and aren't capable of.

Back