US-1800 Disappears from system

Jonny Rebel

I noticed that after a period of time, and sometimes in the middle of a session, the US-1800 will disappear. By disappear I mean when I open the US-1800 control panel it shows device: none found. If I power cycle the US-1800 it reappears. I tried different USB cables and ports and get the same results. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm thinking the unit itself may be having a problem.

Thanks,
Jonny

Attachments

• 2015-10-03_13-58-29.jpg
    2015-10-03_13-58-29.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, man, I've seen that document before and already made all the changes but on looking again at the USB controllers in device manager I missed turning off power management for one of them. I aso double checked the power plan and it's set to high performance but if I look at the advanced settings there's some items I don't understand. Should any of the advanced settings be changed?

Thanks, man, I've seen that document before and already made all the changes but on looking again at the USB controllers in device manager I missed turning off power management for one of them. I aso double checked the power plan and it's set to high performance but if I look at the advanced settings there's some items I don't understand. Should any of the advanced settings be changed?

Main item to find and make sure is that the USB ports are not shutting down. I don't know about other interfaces, but the Tascam will not come back online without having to exit out of the DAW, turn off the Tascam then turn it back on. I had this trouble when I first bought it, after getting the USB not to turn off, I have not had any more issues. Even if I leave my DAW unattended for hours.

I don't think there are any major settings that you can screw up, but I would check guides to make sure. I am typing on a Win10 system so I don't have a Win7 system up to review. Plus, I forget half of this stuff after I fix what I need. Better to go with a guide to be certain.

Main item to find and make sure is that the USB ports are not shutting down. I don't know about other interfaces, but the Tascam will not come back online without having to exit out of the DAW, turn off the Tascam then turn it back on. I had this trouble when I first bought it, after getting the USB not to turn off, I have not had any more issues. Even if I leave my DAW unattended for hours.

I don't think there are any major settings that you can screw up, but I would check guides to make sure. I am typing on a Win10 system so I don't have a Win7 system up to review. Plus, I forget half of this stuff after I fix what I need. Better to go with a guide to be certain.

Absolutely true.

Also, make sure your USB cable is not over 10' long and you are not streaming audio from something like an external HDD that is using the same USB controller. I had those issues also when I was using the 1800.

I had years of perfect performance with a PCIe USB3 controller card that I used only for the 1800.

Back