Teac (Tascam Series) Model 3 Mixer - Help!

hybridhuman69

Hi Guys and gals,

A couple of quick questions if you would be so kind.

1. I have just been given a Teac Model 3 mixer but I could really use the instruction manual as well. Does anybody have a copy of the manual they could email or know where I could download it?

2. I have setup the mixer and I am playing a guitar through it however I cannot get any sound through. I have all the settings on sliders/knobs so that sound should be coming through the headphones but no success. The VU meter is showing that sound is coming through but I cant hear anything on the headphones. I'm not sure that I have the patch bay at the back wired properly.
Any ideas?

Cheers again

H

Each "Access Send/Recv" should be wired together with a little jumper.

That's one jumper on each channel (8) and one on each buss (4), total of 12 jumpers. If any of these 12 in/out jumper points are "open", then there's a breakpoint in the audio signal. They must be jumpered when not in use for efx, or otherwise an efx unit should be plugged there.

You should start by selecting the headphones to "Submix", and use the Submix selector set to "Post", to monitor your basic input signals.

Of course, the Model 3 is an "open" architecture, and there are many ways to plug, switch and monitor. There's a little more to it, but that's most basic.

Search this forum & the analog forum for pics of the M-30 mixer, which is more modern but basically the same as the Model 3.

Back