Tascam US 2X2 audio issues

kfir_frr

Hi,
I have Tascam US 2X2, and I use Sonar LE softwar.

It is possible to configure the computer sound I hear, whether it's from sonar software and whether it's from YouTube or just some MP3 song from my computer, through the speakers that connected directly to my computer?
At the moment this is the case, if I leave the speakers attached to my computer and not directly to my Tascam sound card (headphone), I hear every sound from the computer, except the sound coming out of the Sonar software.
If I plug my speakers directly to my Tascam sound card (headphone), I hear audio through Sonar software but didn't hear any audio from YouTube and MP3 files on my computer? (Sometimes I hear it through the internal speakers of the laptop.)

What can I do?

Another issue. and perhaps it is related to my problem,
Every time I open the program I get a message: (I attached a photocopy of the message).
1.jpg
And then I have to reboot my computer, or disconnect and reconnect the sound card.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Go to Tascam.com and download the correct ASIO drivers for your interface. You don't mention what O/S you are using, but in the system (not Sonar) audio devices menu, you need to select the 2x2 as your default device. Then plug your speakers into it.

Hi, and thanks for your answer.

I just bought it and installed it according to their definitions.
I checked, and I'm up to date with my derivers.
Like I said, when I reboot my computer, or disconnect and reconnect the sound card, and open sonar again, its work and "sonar" identifies the drivers and the Asio driver.

I'm working on windows 10.

When I pugged the audio interface to my laptop, its immediately set the 2x2 as my default device. and I'm plugged in my speakers into it.

So what could be the problem here?

Hi, and thanks for your answer.

I just bought it and installed it according to their definitions.
I checked, and I'm up to date with my derivers.
Like I said, when I reboot my computer, or disconnect and reconnect the sound card, and open sonar again, its work and "sonar" identifies the drivers and the Asio driver.

I'm working on windows 10.

When I pugged the audio interface to my laptop, its immediately set the 2x2 as my default device. and I'm plugged in my speakers into it.

So what could be the problem here?

It may be setting the 2x2 as the default device for Sonar, but not for your Windows stuff. Double check the Windows audio device settings, disable the built-in soundcard.

I've tried that too.
If I turn off the internal built-in soundcard., then just some of the sounds are'nt playe,
And you can only hear what is playing through "Sonar" software.

If you want your 2X2 to be your primary sound card, you will need to set that in the sound section (type in sound on search), playback you should see your 2X2 as a selection, set that as your default device. Then all sound will go through there. If you want to switch back to your internal, use the same steps.

What do you mean when you write to me "(type in sound on search)"?
I'm using windows 10, and if I write "sound" on search in windows, It does not give any results.

I will be happy if you could guide me and tell me exactly what and where to change the settings.
Can you please?

Thank you

What do you mean when you write to me "(type in sound on search)"?
I'm using windows 10, and if I write "sound" on search in windows, It does not give any results.

I will be happy if you could guide me and tell me exactly what and where to change the settings.
Can you please?

Thank you

Bottom left next to the new Windows logo, there is a search. Type in search and a result should show "Sound" under it Control Panel.

I thought you meant this place.
The thing is, When I open the "Hardware and Sound" settings,
I do not know exactly on what to click and to set there?

As I wrote before, on this configuration sound window, when the audio interface is already connected to my computer,
I see that its automatically marked as my default sound card (with green circle and a "V" inside), and the original sound card that belongs to my laptop,
marked as "Communication Device Default" (with green circle and a "Telephone handset" inside). (I enclose you a picture -> ignore the language of my windows :) ).

3.jpg

And I've tried to set the internal sound card of my laptop as 'Not Available'. And it did not help.
Then there are sounds that are'nt heard.

That looks like a Middle Eastern language, I think Jewish, but I don't know that much about the region.

If the top symbol read, "Default Device" then it is set correctly. With the 2X2 selected, go into properties and give it a test. You may need to adjust the levels for Windows. It will walk you through the testing a setup.

Remember, this area here that you are showing, controls the Windows system settings. When you go into your DAW and select ASIO device, 2x2, that is a complete different setting set. ASIO bypasses most of Windows OS to improve performance, so what you do in the ASIO configuration will be independent of Windows. Keep that in mind.

Hope this is helping.

So maybe the problem here is the definition of ASIO driver??
Where can I find, where to set the ASIO driver so it will be optimally for my computer?
And what exactly those settings that I should set?

Thanks againe :)

So maybe the problem here is the definition of ASIO driver??
Where can I find, where to set the ASIO driver so it will be optimally for my computer?
And what exactly those settings that I should set?

Thanks againe :)

When in Windows, you will use the setting we discussed. When you are in the DAW, you use the ASIO driver. Since you complained about hearing from Windows, we worked on that problem. When you are in the DAW, you will use the ASIO driver. In your DAW (this is just general, consult your DAW manual for exact way to do it) under audio setup, you will select Audio or device type, ASIO, next you will select driver (this would be your 2X2).

You will need to look up how to configure your device in your software user manual. Make sure you have installed the latest driver from the Tascam. Tascam will also give instructions on how to set other settings as well. But lets get it working first.

So after I checked my ASIO driver that he is up to date, and even re-downloaded it again its latest version, everything remains the same.
But I noticed now that the problems begin when the "Sonar" software works.
Only then, things like videos from YouTube and videos facebook or songs from my computer, doesn't played.

On my DAW, I checked and the device type is akready on ASIO, and the drivers are for US 2X2.

Any more ideas why this happens?

When your DAW is open, your sounds from Windows may or may not play. I suspect they won't since the ASIO driver takes over the interface. Its purpose is to have total control of the interface for latency and recording. Usually when you are in your DAW, you are not playing other sounds. It varies from DAW to DAW, Reaper for example, when it is no longer the focus, shows the track waves "Offline" to give control back to the OS.

When you want to play other sounds, I suggest closing your DAW. You may check with Sonar site or post there to see if what you are experiencing is normal. But it seems to me everything is working. You may have to configure Sonar to allow for hardware sharing. Check the web site.

Back