Tascam US-1800 DROP OUTS/PROBLEMS!

Sorry guys, school has been keeping me distracted for the last couple days. Here's the update; the Tascam has been working fine without any issues. I did a few recordings with Reaper today involving 4 simultaneous mic tracks which went very well. I've decided to give Cubase a break for the time being. I did playback a shorter project on Cubase and did NOT notice any drop outs. Overall I have noticed a positive change in my cpu performance from the optimizing I've done in the process! @ jimmys69, thank you for the link. So far I have taken all the steps listed on the page except for "Enable DMA on each IDE channel" which I tried to do in device manager but it seems it's not an available option under my IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. I would like to know how to enable DMA in the BIOS Disk options as Mercuriari had mentioned and also how to set the windows system cache size. Would it also be beneficial for me to increase my Large System Cache by going to the registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Control>SessionManager>MemoryManagement? I'm really just a beginner at computers and don't even know what i'm doing half the time. So far the information I've received has been very useful and I would really like to learn more from you guys. Thanks again for putting up with my noobiness ;)

Some motherboards, and their BIOS, are not capable of DMA control. Not such a big deal if you don't have it. Glad you got your system running more smoothly. Now go record some awesomeness!!! :)

Update: Clicks occur whenever any process makes changes to the fw-1884 (maybe even a query will cause a click) or hooks up for audio service.

Back