Tascam US 122L HELP!

KhaoticScene

Ok, I just bought a new laptop for music recording. A lot newer than my old laptop. As I was trying to install my Tascam US 122L with its disc, it said it was unable to be downloaded had been discontinued and or cannot run on my new computer. It also said something about switching from 32 to 64 bytes or vice versa. So the question is, is there a way I can still use it still or a way around this instead of buying a new interface? It said the old tascam I was using had been switched to the Tascam 2x2 I believe. If I cannot use my old one, any recommendations would be nice. I'd like to use my old one, but if I'm unable I'd hate to buy this new one and not have it work either. My new laptop was said to be a good recording laptop. My new laptop is a Dell Inspirion 17 5000, Windows 10. Please help! Im not the best with this stuff.

Last edited:
Our devices are only as good as the drivers, and MS and certain interface MFG will want us spending money on a regular basis. I still got the blue stripe 122 working on my Vista32 laptop & and one XP32 desktop.

There are 64bit drivers v2.02 and release notes on this Tascam link ..... Product: US-122L | TASCAM

Download both and carefully follow the install instructions in the release notes. No guarantee it will work any better, but that's probably your best chance. Otherwise unfortunately it may be time for a new interface.

I appreciate it guys. An I am very happy it took no time for a reply. I don't mind buying a new one at all, but only if I have to. I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens. Also, i have sent a message to tascam and they have recieved it. Just waiting on the response. An if any other tips, please feel free to add on. Thanks again guys.

Back