Tascam us-122

firstclizzy

Hello friends and romans. I just had a question. I just purchased some KRK Rokit 5's and I am trying to figure out how to hook them up to my Tascam us-122. It's the older model with the blue across the center. Is there any way I can hook both monitors up to it or should I consider a new interface. Thanks

Thanks

Is this just regular RCA outs? Like ones that come with a dvd player? lol. Or do they have to be special? And will this effect the sound at all?

Yes they are 'regular' RCA outs like on consumer level audio gear.

Essentially, the US-122 only has unbalanced outputs.... Without getting into too much technical detail, that basically means you have some signal and cable length restrictions and are not provided with the same interference protection as you do with a balanced signal (there's more to it than that of course, but you get the idea).

Your KRK's will accept balanced input, so if you do decide to upgrade from the US-122, they will compensate.

I keep a US-122 in my Laptop case for a quick and dirty way to nab some basic remote recordings... Phantom power and fully USB reliant, it does well for what I usually need it to do. Although, I think the USB is only 1.1

As far as a sole interface for any serious down and dirty sessions, you can do better for relatively cheap. (I picked up a Mackie Satellite for under $100 that I'm pretty happy with for remote stuff as well). Other folks will probably chime in on inexpensive solutions that work well for them as well (M-Audio, Presonus, MOTU, etc.)

Hope this helps!

:)

Thanks Rabbit. I also have noticed with recording vocals there is a latency problem. Do you know how I can fix that? I always have to move the vocal after it has recorded

Need to have more info on the latency thing...

Software used and settings, other instruments/methods, midi yes/no etc.

Back