Tascam US 122

Dearg

I recently installed the US 122 on my dell Laptop (Pentium M 1.6 Ghz, 512 Ram, 7200rpm drive. However when I am recording audio there have been several occasions where the audio playback is transmitting a distorted sound. A kind of random gargle sound and the transport bar is glitching as it happens.
Any advice.?

Can you post a soundclip? Any number of things might be happening, but it is hard to diagnose properly without hearing it. The most common things would be problems with the latency/buffer settings, which can be adjusted in your device settings. Also, make sure you have the most current drivers from the Tascam site. I think the Tascam website also has an article on optimizing your computer for recording (by minimizing background processes, shutting down virus software while tracking, etc.).

I have the most recent drivers. I have optimised it a bit alright and switched off virus protection when installing the drivers (this was in the manual)
I have been reading around and I think it may be an XP problem. It seems that a lot of other users have had issues with XP. It could be the USB drivers too.

Dearg said:
I have the most recent drivers. I have optimised it a bit alright and switched off virus protection when installing the drivers (this was in the manual)
I have been reading around and I think it may be an XP problem. It seems that a lot of other users have had issues with XP. It could be the USB drivers too.

I don't know. I've used the US-122 with a Dell laptop running XP pro and an HP desktop running XP home and haven't encountered any problems.

It's all sorted now. I was using it today and not a glitch in sight. Brilliant.
The only thing I did was dis-able the anti virus software.
Recorded my first song and exported, put it on my new I-pod and it sounds great. Happy days!!

Back