TASCAM Porta One vs FOSTEX X-14

lklk9110

Hi, I'm a student who are looking for a dirt-cheap cassette MTR, since I have very limited budget (around $40~$60).

I've found two cheapo MTRs which are: Porta One, and X-14. I'd like to know which one has more functions, or easy operation than the other. Plus, summary of pros and cons of each model would be great since I'm new to audio things.

Thank you so much.

I assume it's your budget that's deciding you want a MTR cassette recorder. Is that the case? I say that because when it comes to older cassette recorders you can run into lots of problems. Not to mention that good cassette tapes are not as easy to get these days. What will you be using it for and how much work will you be doing with it?

I assume it's your budget that's deciding you want a MTR cassette recorder. Is that the case? I say that because when it comes to older cassette recorders you can run into lots of problems. Not to mention that good cassette tapes are not as easy to get these days. What will you be using it for and how much work will you be doing with it?

Yeah, I'm so limited in my budget, so I can't even afford a DP-008EX... also I thought cassette ones would be cheaper, but it turns out to be wrong... They cost same as the digital one. So sad :(

Plus, since I live in Korea, shipping fee makes me crazy. I tried to get those things in Korea, but they are so rare and expensive.

Back