Tascam Porta 07 eats tapes, motors don't play or record yet fast forward and rewind

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff+

So yesterday I walked into Music Go Round, and I saw a Tascam Porta 07, but when I put in a tape to test it, the motors wouldn't work in play or record modes. The head would come up and the little rubber wheel would start turning, but the motors that also do the fastforwarding and rewinding wouldn't work. They would work in fastforward or rewind mode, just not in play or record mode. I ended up getting it for 20 bucks, and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this before I take it up to the local tape recorder repair shop.

thanks,

Jeff

PS: if anyone has a service manual I'd gladly download it.

One more thing,

To rewind you have to hold the button down. The motor turns, but this little metal thing beneath the capstan starts clicking. The metal thing also clicks when you try and record or play.

thanks,

Jeff

ONE MORE THING:
the metal thing that clicks under the capstan clicks slower when in rewind mode, and clicks faster in play/record mode.

I really hope someone will try and help me with this.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. I really don't wanna have to pay the $20-$40 diagnostic fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back