Tascam Neo 2488: Help!! Burning a CD without mix/mastering step

Jroxx7

Hi Tascam 2488 Neo Users,

Is it possible burn a CD on the fly without having to do the mix/mastering steps? In Mix/Master Mode I'm having problems with the "start point-end point" etc. I can't seem to get the machine to respond to the start point-end point insertions...

Can somebody talk me through the mix/mastering steps? This must be easier than the manual makes it sound.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

jroxx7@aol.com

In Pre-Mastering (or whatever it's called on the NEO) mode, the IN point is irrelevant. It always will start at 00:00:00. Maybe that's what's giving you trouble. It should stop at your OUT point, though.

Thanks Rami.

I haven't been on the forum board in a while. I'm pretty sure you responded to me before. I assume you have a Tascam 2488. Maybe you have the older model, not the NEO?

Appreciate your reply. I'm simply trying to dump 10 tunes to a CD and I don't really want to mix or master these tracks. I have two stereo tracks (channels 1 and 2 and they're the music bed tracks). Trying get this on CD so my buddy can transfer it to another recording device and add additional tracks. That's it.

Anyway, any thoughts on the easiest way to do it? Live CD Recorder Mode, maybe? Or do I need to Mix/Master each song and burn them one at a time to 10 separate CDs?

Thanks Rami,

Jay

I don't think you can dump to CD without mixing and mastering. LiveWriter mode is for splitting a single large recording into individual tracks.

If your friend is using a computer DAW, you can export tracks as .wav files to CD or via USB straight to a computer.

Do you want to export all the tracks separately (to import to a DAW and add more tracks to)? If so, that's a separate function of the machine - check out file export in the manual to get all the tracks out separately. At that point, you don't need to worry about in and out points, since the exported tracks will simply be as long as the longest track you've recorded.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to burn my named song tracks to a cd without mixing or mastering. Isn't there a quick way to do this?

Back