TASCAM MX2424 Version 3.10 GB Limit?

Alan? I can't remember what the max recognized gigabytes is when using V3.10..

Is it 36gb or 73gb?

If I remember correctly, even if using a 73gb HD, version 3.10 will see only 36gb

Did I get it right, or will it see all 73gb?

Looked on internet, didn't find answer.

Thanks as always, Dan

I can't remember about 3.10 because I think 3.11 is the newest version, I can never remember the version numbers, I know the latest version went to 73 gig, I think if the mx can format the size drive you should be able to use all the size.

Why don't you install the last/latest version?

Alan

Thanks Alan, 3.10 does recognize 73gbytes. I compared two empty drives (a 73 and a 36) by checking rec time on each.
The 73 had about twice as much, so there's our answer..

I think the mx with earlier software would format a 73gb drive, but only recognize 36, but I could be wrong on that.

Pretty sure you prompted me many months ago to upgrade to 3.10, which I did at that time, in part , for this reason.

Thanks again. Dan

Hi Dan, I just checked and 3.12 is the latest version, why are you still on 3.10? You may have told me this a long time back but I can't remember.

Alan.

3.10 is going fine for me, and it is recognizing 73gb, so I figure leave it be. Can't think of anything in .12 that I desperately need Thanks.. Yeah, we may have had similar conversation before.. I think u were prompting me to upgrade from 2.something, so I went to 3.10 because I had a smart card with that on it. Thanks again! all is working well.

Back