Tascam M35 help

KoksRox21

I just got this beautiful little mixer, and i'm trying to work things out. One thing I don't get is when I'm using the XLR input and the Direct Out output, the overload LED over the fader doesn't work. It only starts working when I unplug the access -rcv jumpers, and the signal drops by a lot (which I also don't get). Why is there signal at all when I unplug the jumpers when the manual clearly states access-rcv is a non normal connection. Without the jumpers the signal is not usable, and with jumpers the LED doesn't work. The only workaround I see is to send the signal to any of the busses and watch the meter and the peak LED on the VU meter of the submaster busses. Can somebody tell me is this normal with these mixers, or mine just isn't working properly?

Thanks

Something has to be there, either a signal processor or the jumper. Otherwise, the circuit is incomplete.

Yup, that's true. But the signal is still present when the jumpers aren't there. Level drops, but it is still there. That is what confuses me

Yup, that's true. But the signal is still present when the jumpers aren't there. Level drops, but it is still there. That is what confuses me

The only thing I can think of is internal cross-talk. The 35 wasn't known for great isolation. A shop I used to use would mod them to improve that spec. I doubt the signal without the jumpers is very usable. I'd not worry about it unless it really hampers your ability to use the thing.

Back