Tascam M216 Suddenly Stopped Working Please Help.... Just A Fuse Maybe?

Bonndy

Hi guys, new to this forum.

Bought an M216 a few weeks back and all has been working fine. It's actually a really good example and has been well looked after.

Here's the issue...
I use Ableton and have been boucing tracks out of my audio interface from Ableton and running them through the 216. One day I was running through a few different
projects to see what they sounded like through the board. I was finishing up on one project and the board was working fine. Then, I opened up a different project and
suddenly nothing was coming through the board!!

I have thoroughly tested the signal routing and have isolated it to the 216. All channels coming out of the audio interface are working and the cables good and tested too. All routing settings for the interface are correct and have been tested.

As far as the 216, there's still power to the unit as the VU's are lit.

Is it possible that when I opened the new project and played it some of the levels were too high and I've blown something by excessive clipping?

Also, before when you pressed the PFL switch on any of the channels, the red LED indicator under the solo pot would light up. This no longer works.

Before I could hear a humming sound when I turn up the faders, even when nothing is connected. Now there's nothing.

Have tested and all channels are the same.

Please could someone help!

Maybe it's just a fuse?

Thanks!

Bonndy

Last edited:
If you send the signal to a sub group and not the main faders do you get a signal on the meters?

Do you get a signal from the direct outs of the channel you are sending the signal to?

I don't think you have blown something by excessive clipping, and if you did it would be only on the input you used at the time so using a different input would fix this.

If you push the signal into the mixer do any of the overload lights come on?

Cheers
Alan.

Back