Tascam M16 Recording Console

holt1

I purchased one of these a while back and have the desk and the power supply but no power cord. Wondering if anyone has one or knows where I can get one?

Looking for channel strips or a compete other board if anyone has one.

Anyone know any tricks or tips for modding this board? I'm excited about getting it up and running! I also have a 16 track half inch Fostex machine that has pretty much zero hours on the heads. I think the guy who had it never really used it. I was amazed when I looked at the heads and they had zero wear on them! I have some Altec stuff from the late sixties to use for mic pre's for drums and guitar mostly and also a Kelsey board made in England that i'm either going to use as a sub mixer or pull the channel strips out for mic pre's. In the future i'm going to find an M1000 Ampex or M1200 2" 16 track and a 2 track tape for mastering so I will be mixing off the board all the way to the 2 track and then going into the mastering studio with the 2 track tape to master to digital so I get analog all the way to mastering. Let me know if you have any experience using one of these boards! Thanks.

If yo have the owners manual-it's in there.Teac in Ca. should be able to supply you with the pin out of the power supply cable.

I have the owners manual with all the schematics including the power supply but won't it be hard to find the right connectors for each end?

Yes it will. I believe they are the same as the M-500 consoles which use a Hirose Sumicon 1600 series connector. I bought the last of Canford's stock of them years ago which is the only place I found that had them after a pretty exhaustive global search. You maybe able to direct connect the power supply to the console if you open up the power supply and teach the power supply connector from the power supply chassis, and if there is enough slack in the cabling inside the power supply chassis it just might reach the mixer. This is the case with the M-500 mixers. Janky? Yes, but this temp fix may allow you to at least take the console for a spin.

damn man that is one hell of a nice mixer man! i would love to have something like this one day :D.

You should be able find the power supply connector pin out on the power supply schematic and match it up with the mixer connector pin out on the power supply input on the mixer schematic to verify it's correct.

I purchased one of these a while back and have the desk and the power supply but no power cord. Wondering if anyone has one or knows where I can get one?

Looking for channel strips or a compete other board if anyone has one.

Anyone know any tricks or tips for modding this board? I'm excited about getting it up and running! I also have a 16 track half inch Fostex machine that has pretty much zero hours on the heads. I think the guy who had it never really used it. I was amazed when I looked at the heads and they had zero wear on them! I have some Altec stuff from the late sixties to use for mic pre's for drums and guitar mostly and also a Kelsey board made in England that i'm either going to use as a sub mixer or pull the channel strips out for mic pre's. In the future i'm going to find an M1000 Ampex or M1200 2" 16 track and a 2 track tape for mastering so I will be mixing off the board all the way to the 2 track and then going into the mastering studio with the 2 track tape to master to digital so I get analog all the way to mastering. Let me know if you have any experience using one of these boards! Thanks.
The power cable issue. When I got my M-16 I had the same issue - manual and repair manual, power supply, and board. No cable. I searched high and low for one and of course, I did not find one. But I DID find an electronics store in Houston, TX that had a cool ass engineer in it. What we did is look at the schematic in the manual to see how many wires went from the power supply and the board and retrofitted the board and the power supply to connect via an old-school printer cable. Problem solved.

Back