Tascam M-312b Help

tascamstudio

Hi All,

I want to use my Tascam M-312B direct outs into my 8 channel Scarlett Focusrite 18i20 and record directly into my DAW utilising the Tascam Pres and EQs.

I've worked out how to hook everything up and i'm getting a good signal, the EQ is working etc etc. But I can't seem to get my effects unit running through the direct out. I'm using a Roland Space Echo RE-201 which i've plugged into the effects return and send but this isn't being sent into the direct out.

From doing my research I believe the direct outs are post fader so shouldn't I be getting the effects going through the direct out and into my interface?

How would this be possible?

Thanks!

Pre is before and post is after. According to your manual, there are two adjustments you need to check. Try removing everything from the chain, if you get effects out, hook up the next device and so on. When it stops, there's the problem. If you get no effects from the mixer, it could be as simple of having the wrong button pushed or knob turned down.

View attachment 100882

So you are using the “EFF” buss to get signal to the Space Echo?

Look at the M-312 block diagram...the effect buss is the appropriate buss to use...a delay or reverb effect is usually accessed as a send effect, but neither the AUX or EFF busses return to the channel strips. Their sources are pre and post fade (depending on which buss we are talking about and how you have it configured), but their output is their master level control over in the master section and then on to their respective output jacks. If you want an effect to be present at a channel’s direct out jack then, as A Reel Person indicated, you’ll need to use that channel’s insert jack instead. And then you’ll only be able to use the effect on that channel, and the effect will need to have some sort of onboard blend control, otherwise the signal will be 100% effect. That’s why you want to use the EFF buss, and then you’ll need to take the EFF master output and connect that to an additional input on your interface and blend the effect level in your DAW.

How many inputs are you wanting to effect with the Space Echo?

Back