Tascam M-208 mixer pot problem?

Geefresh

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster. Looking forward to getting involved now I'm recording a bit more regularly, picking up much info and passing what knowledge I have where I can.

As above. I purchased a M-208 mixer via eBay here in the UK to go with my Teac A3340S r2r and, naturally, it has issues not mentioned by the seller. The most pressing of which are that some pots are not working. The channels that have the issues pass audio OK but the pots have no effect so I'm assuming the pots are 'open circuit', as it were. The issues are as follows...

One trim pot doesn't work. Another is snapped.
On two channels the mid EQ doesn't work.
On two channels the pan/routing pots don't work.
Also, strangely, the pan pots don't work on 3 of the 4 groups when mixing to the stereo out jacks but all do when using the separate program out RCAs.

I haven't had it open yet as I'm not that au fait with electronics. I know how to test components for resistance with a multimeter tho as I do for work (I fix gas boilers), I'm just a bit intimidated by opening up a mixer, so wanted to check if this was a problem anyone had had before first and ask if anyone knows if there's a modern equivalent of the pots in this mixer available widely without having to get the Tascam spare (if even available). Or even if getting a new pot will fix the problem!

Thanks a lot! I was actually looking for an M-30 mixer but got bored of waiting for one to come up on the auction site in the UK and like the M-208 enough. However, if anyone has a 240v-ish M-30 available in/to ship to the UK, let me know!

Back