Tascam DR05 firmware update issue

Dad Roadie

Good Afternoon,
I’m hoping someone may be able to help me with my Tascam DR05. I have an older version of this unit which has version 1.01 0029 firmware loaded and works fine. I recently read that the version 2.11 firmware update offers a lot of great extra features such as overdub and reverb. The problem is when I download the firmware file version 2.11 from the Tascam site to a folder and unzip the file to my desktop it becomes file DR-05_2.11. When I upload this file to the utility folder on my Dr-05 and follow the instructions to update it comes back and says no file found.
Does anyone have any ideals what I’m doing wrong? Cant the earlier units be updated to version 2 ? I tried this on a Windows 7 and Windows XT system with the same results. In the update sheet instructions they say the file should start with DR05-29 .??? . Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Has anyone updated an older unit to add the overdub and reverb functions? Any help would really be appreciated.I added the PDF from the Tascam website to explain the procedure I'm following . I believe I have unzipped the files as they talk about.
All the Best!
Dad Roadie

Don't know the unit, but I've got other Tascam gear. When I d/l the file from Tascam it's a ZIP. Open the Zip, and there are three files ... the one you need to move to the UTILITY folder is titled DR-05_44.211, as the documentation would suggest. I did this just to be sure I wasn't giving you bad info.

1. Download the update (there's a 2.40 version out now, just released) Product: DR-05 | TASCAM
2. Open the ZIP
3. While connected to your dr05 copy the dr05xx.xxx to the UTILITY folder
4. Follow the Tascam instructions to start up in update mode.

Back