Tascam DP24 - Problem routing inputs to stereo bus

statikant

Hi,

I’m having an issue that I wonder if anyone has encountered, or can solve?
When routing an external stereo source to the stereo bus, like synced PC virtual instrument or FX return, say G/H->STEREO, it comes in MONO. If I route to a stereo track like G/H->23/24, all stereo and how I want it.

Maybe there’s some extra grouping I need to do here, but I can’t see anything in the manual, and I can’t see anything specifically already posted about this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I’m having an issue that I wonder if anyone has encountered, or can solve?
When routing an external stereo source to the stereo bus, like synced PC virtual instrument or FX return, say G/H->STEREO, it comes in MONO. If I route to a stereo track like G/H->23/24, all stereo and how I want it.

Maybe there’s some extra grouping I need to do here, but I can’t see anything in the manual, and I can’t see anything specifically already posted about this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I keep my DP 24 as such.....

I connect my KORG TRITON EXTREME to channels 1 (left) & 2 (right)....

I assign channel 1 input A & channel 2 input B......I can then assign it stereo to ANY of the stereo channels as such For example.......track 23 would then be assigned A & 24 would be assigned B.....Press record to see how you have your stereo field broken down....So if you did strings, stereo, you now will be able to translate that to your track....same with keys, etc....keyboard BASS I use track 12 MONO.....

You will now have true stereo coming from your external source whether it be keyboard, drum machine, PC, whatever....

Hope that helps

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. Maybe I didn't explain my problem well enough, or I didn't understand your reply. Anyway I don't have a problem with routing stereo sources to a stereo track, that works fine. It's routing directly to the stereo bus that's the problem. This should be possible, as the manual states, so you don't have to sacrifice tracks for external sources.

Ok, I've got a lot of tracks on the DP24, and forwhat I do, most of the the time, its more than enough, but I'm trying to establish whether something is actually wring with the unit here or I've missed a step in an operation that the manual indicates is possible. Indeed, it's very normal to be able to route stereo sources to the stereo bus directly in some shape or form, for FX returns etc.

DP24 manual Page 44 - Assigning to a stereo bus (I'm not allowed to post links)

Straight foward instructions apparently, but when I follow it, this where I have mono. If I follow the procedure above on the same page, no problem, but them I'm routing to recording tracks.

Thanks

Just posting the 'solution'.

Turns out I didn't realise you could access the 'mixer' screen for inputs A-H directly (doh!). From there you can hard pan the two inputs as they would be if you assigned them to a stereo track, so the stereo imagin is correct as it hits the stereo bus.

Hope this might help someone else out too, as it is a little ambiguous in the manual.

ATB

Back