Tascam DP24 and Line 6 POD HD problem

C4th

Hi,
Im new to the forum and not technically experienced but i have a bit of a problem and was hoping you may be able to help me.
Im trying to record guitar using the Line 6 POD HD (left output?) direct into the DP24, i have the guitar/line switch set to line.
But when i record, all my guitar tracks sound very muddy and ever so slightly buzzy. When i listen to the guitar through the POD headphone output or direct out of my monitors it sounds great, and when i record guitar direct to the DP24 its sounds great but obviously i want the range of effects etc from my POD HD. Im not using overly heavy distortion and im recording to 1 track (mono?) at a time. but it still sounds very muddy.
Any help or questions to what im doing wrong with the DP24 or the POD HD would be much appreciated.

Maybe your guitar effects are spread in stereo and when you come out of the left side to 1 mono TK that is where you are loosing that sound you are hearing??

Thanks for your reply,
The thing is, is that i keep hearing on the net that when recording with the POD HD you should just use 1 of the outs, but maybe they are talking about recording to computers?
Thanks again.

unless I'm mistaken using the left output should automatically make it mono so that should be correct.

However ..... you should have the guitar/line switch on guitar. It has nothing to do with the output of the unit ..... that switch is about the input and you're playing guitar thru it, not sending a line input to it.
So since you're playing guitar it should be set on guitar.

However ..... you should have the guitar/line switch on guitar. It has nothing to do with the output of the unit ..... that switch is about the input and you're playing guitar thru it, not sending a line input to it.
So since you're playing guitar it should be set on guitar.
You are mistaken. It should be set to line. There's something else amiss in the OP's set up. I'd double check to be sure there isn't some unknown dynamic FX on that channel and that there is no FX assigned to the track.

Line6>Left Out >>>>> Line Input>Tascam DP-24 = Muddy Buzz :D

yes but isn't he using the effects on the "Line6" which is probably spread in stereo....and wanting to use just the left output and then to a momo in on the DP-24? Well I guess my question to C4th is: why not use the stereo outs on the Line6 to a stereo in on the DP-24?

You are mistaken. It should be set to line. .
is he talking about the switch on the POD or the switch on the recorder?
If it's the recorder then yes, it should be set to line but if it's the switch on the POD it should be guitar.

Thanks for the info, and i will certainly try switching it to guitar instead of line.
I wasn't doing that already, as in the DP24 manual i thought it said that as soon as you were using external effects etc, you should set it to line.
But what your saying makes sense, thanks.

The inputs on the POD HD are navigated digitally,you can set either output to Guitar or Mic.
Were you saying i should switch the DP24 to guitar instead of line?
thanks.

The inputs on the POD HD are navigated digitally,you can set either output to Guitar or Mic.
Were you saying i should switch the DP24 to guitar instead of line?
thanks.
no ..... there was some misunderstanding on my part ..... the recorder should definitely be set to 'line'.

Back