Tascam DP24 and Line 6 POD HD problem

why are you being a smartass towards me arcaxis??? I was being honest as I could and then you purposely give me a hard time......dam:eatpopcorn:

actually YOU were the one being a smartass to arcaxis when you put a palmface in your response to his entirely reasonable explanation of why he put up a diagram of the HD300.

A palmface means you're saying his response was stupid. I guarantee you that anytime someone explains something and you put a palmface in your response to that explanation they're going to be insulted.
And even then he just said to go look for yourself if you didn't believe him.

If i recorded in stereo from the POD, would that be a good thing? because the POD is an amp simulator as well as an effecst unit would that be correct?
Thanks for your help

If i recorded in stereo from the POD, would that be a good thing? because the POD is an amp simulator as well as an effecst unit would that be correct?
Thanks for your help
sure ..... if I were using a POD and had plenty of channels available I'd tend to use the stereo outs.
When I do bass thru one I go mono but many of those effects (which you use on guitar) sound much better in stereo.

actually YOU were the one being a smartass to arcaxis when you put a palmface in your response to his entirely reasonable explanation of why he put up a diagram of the HD300.

A palmface means you're saying his response was stupid. I guarantee you that anytime someone explains something and you put a palmface in your response to that explanation they're going to be insulted.
And even then he just said to go look for yourself if you didn't believe him.

Well sorry to both you and arcaxis , I shew dident no dat a pom face mint it was sayin a pursin wuz stupid :eek: Im serious I really DID NOT mean to insult nobody.....was only trying to figure out what was the problem with the OPs situation:)

Ok excellent. So once iv recorded the guitar, i imagine i should pan both tracks till adequate?

Well sorry to both you and arcaxis , I shew dident no dat a pom face mint it was sayin a pursin wuz stupid :eek: Im serious I really DID NOT mean to insult nobody.....was only trying to figure out what was the problem with the OPs situation:)
I got you ..... and it was obvious to me that you didn't really understand the palmface so I figured I'd give you a headsup.

It essentially means "what a stupid statement" so you can see how it might 'cause further misunderstandings when the person gets offended but you think they're getting offended over nothing.

Ok excellent. So once iv recorded the guitar, i imagine i should pan both tracks till adequate?
sorry we've gotten off topic here man.

In general, IF you record the stereo outs of the POD you're gonna pan them hard left and hard right. There are times when you might pan them closer to make the separation less and you can certainly pan them any way that sounds good to you.
But usually people will tend to pan hard left and hard right on a stereo track.

I got you ..... and it was obvious to me that you didn't really understand the palmface so I figured I'd give you a headsup.

It essentially means "what a stupid statement" so you can see how it might 'cause further misunderstandings when the person gets offended but you think they're getting offended over nothing.

Seriously thank you Bob,I humble myself and will try harder to get along with everyone here !!!

Thanks a lot. Before, i was recording one mono track to track 1 and then another mono to track 2 and then panning. So that makes a lot of sense and i will give that a go.
Thanks for your input.

If the DP-24 is similar to the NEO, the tracks can be set as stereo pairs which sets panning hard left and right, but can be tweaked after recording to bring them closer to center if desired.
just outta curiosity, why would you do that as opposed to simply turning the knobs hard left and hard right?
I'm sure there must be some advantage or it wouldn't be a feature but I'm not seeing why it's better.

Back