Tascam dp24 firmware update v1.02 instructions

CJLOTTI3

i found this on tascam website. but i see no instructions on how to install it
any suggestions anyone?

bueller....? bueller...?

lol

It seems no one has answered your question but if you have since found the answer I would like to know also :-)

Download the most recent firmware from the TASCAM web site.
2. Use the USB cable to connect the unit with the computer and turn the power ON.
3. Press the MENU button to open the MENU screen.
4. Use the JOG/DATA dial or CURSOR (5/b/g/
CAUTION
• If this screen does not appear, turn the power OFF. Then, while pressing and holding both the MUTE and UNDO/ REDO buttons, turn the unit’s power ON again. Continue to press and hold the MUTE and UNDO/REDO buttons firmly until this screen appears.
• When firmware has been copied to this unit’s UTILITY folder from a Mac, in addition to the firmware file itself, another file with “._” added to the beginning of the firmware name is also shown. Use the file without the “._” at the beginning of the name.
t) buttons to select the USB menu (selected item NOTE
appears green), and press the F4 (t) button to open theUSBscreen.
5. Press the F2 (YES) button to connect the unit with the computer by USB.
The following USB screen appears on the unit, and the unit should be recognized by the computer as an external drive (storage device).
6. Copy the downloaded firmware (the V1.02 file is named "DP-24-51.102") to the UTILITY folder on the DP-24.
7. After the file has been copied, press the F2 (YES) button to end the USB connection with the computer.
The Home screen automatically reopens after the connection ends.
8. Turn the unit's power OFF.
9. While pressing and holding both the MUTE and
UNDO/REDO buttons, turn the power ON again. The unit starts in update mode, and the file that will be used for the update is shown on the screen.
• This screen shows a list of the firmware update files inside the UTILITY folder of the unit, including the firmware copied in step 6 above. If there is no update file in the UTILITY folder, “No Update File” appears.
• The screen shown above is an example. The actual display might differ.
10. Use the JOG dial to select the firmware, and press the F4 (t) button to open the following screen.
The current version appears on the left and the updated version appears on the right.
NOTE
• The screen shown above is an example. The actual display might differ.
11. Press the F2 (YES) button to start the update.
12. Whentheupdatefinishes,"Complete."appearson
the screen and the power turns OFF automatically.
Turn the power ON again.
13. Refer to "Checking the firmware version" above and
confirm that the SYSTEM VERSION is the latest firmware.
This completes the procedure for updating this unit.
14. Connect to a computer with USB and delete the firmware update from the unit’s UTILITY folder.

Found it

Yeah! found the answer straight after I posted my message. All done and dusted now. HOWEVER I now need to ask another ? Why cant I hear the sound through my headphones when i'm recording a track.

The headphones can be heard on playback so they are working and I was doing it ok yesterday so it seems today I'm forgetting something. Help!

Back