Tascam DP-32D Amp models in Effects

tobyj

Greetings, everyone;

I have a question about my Tascam DP-32D? I have tried to call Tascam Support but even though I'm supposedly the first caller in the Q, they never answer.

When I'm recording and have my Electric Guitar plugged into input H with the switch set to Guitar and I access the guitar effects amp, all I can get is a distortion sound. I can change amp models and change the tone somewhat of the distortion but it's always distortion. Is this supposed to be this way? I thought the different amp models would give me a different sound for each one. I have tried everything I know to do and tried adjusting all the variables provided but nothing changes. The only way I can get out of the distortion is to turn the amp effects off. Am I missing some kind of adjustment somewhere? I've played with every knob in the amp effects and the others as well just in case there might have been something in the noise suppressor, etc. that might effect it but it's always the same thing.

I have a Les Paul and a Fender Strat and it's the same with both of them. I have a Peavey VIP 2 amp that I can use for the different sounds that I want but I was just curious as to what the amps would sound like on the DP-32. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Tobyj

Well I'm no expert.
Eventually I'll stop prefacing everything with that but since I'm new it's a disclaimer.
The fact that turning off your effects clears things up suggests something.
I have a smaller tascam unit and it doesn't have the Guitar switch.
The only suggestion I have is putting a preamp before the tascam unit.
I know that the 32 if different but I've had luck with running electric guitar through a Behringer tube preamp and from there into the tascam.
I think probably then you wouldn't turn on the guitar switch.
It would be just another xlr input.
Guitar and effects direct into the preamp and xlr out to the tascam.
Seems to work for me.

Back