Tascam Dp-32 Monitor Select

prankster

Hi All,

This is my first post as a new member. I've been a budding song writer and muso for over 40 years and still gig in a covers band (a few originals thrown in for good measure).

I have messed around with home recording over the years and my first venture back in the 80's was an old analogue 8 channel Tascam desk and a Tascam 4 track reel to reel. Bought an original Tascam DP-01 about 10 years ago. All of these tools were at best, good demoing tools and nothing more.

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and set-up a decent home studio as the recorders available now, are able to produce studio quality results. (I will post up some photos shortly).

So, I purchased the DP-32 and have to say, this is an amazing piece of kit. The one thing I have learned over the years, is that good pre-planning and taking your time will provide great results if you have the right tools and this recorder has been fantastic. I have had it now for 2 months and getting great results.

The only thing that I find a weakness, is that when recording and listening through headphones, you can't independently turn down or mute the main speaker out signal, which means having to turn off the speakers each time when recording (at least I haven't been able to find a way within the Tascam unit itself). So I am going to purchase a Hosa SLW-333 signal switcher as I also run a DAW for editing. This way I will be able to switch between input sources and switch out the monitors while recording using headphones.

Is anyone using one of these Hosa switches and are they any good as far as being totally passive?

I'm sure I'll be using this Forum a lot.

Appreciate any feedback.

Back