Tascam Dm4800 and the loss of control port 1,2 and 3

Picto

Everthing is working in the setting up of tascam firewire card - except for the part where i have to add the mackie Hui for Logic and the two mackie extended. Now i know I have to have control port 1, 2, and 3 but these are just not in the options any more. They use to be until I had to reformat my yosemite running mac and install everything again.

I am using Logic X and everything shows up in the audio midi set up. It detected the tascam firewire card and the Tascam dm4800. Logic has detected the tascam firewire card in the audio settings

The sound plays out through the card ok. Its just that I obviously have no fader or transport control. Could anyone suggest what I may have done wrong? Any questions just ask.

Picto

Last edited:
I have the exact same set up. This issue happens to me on a regular basis, usually after I have updated some software or reset my clock from 48K to 96K. I am always able to fix it by throwing away the Logic preferences and rebooting.

Quit Logic Pro
In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
Press the Go button.
Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
If you have upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, you should also remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.
Restart the computer.

Back