Tascam DM 24-EMU 1212M-Cubase 5.1.0

Aleksandar

Hello guys,

I would appreciate if someone could provide the step by step instructions on how to configure Tascam DM-24 and Cubase Version 5.1.0 in order to control Cubase by DM-24 faders, knobs and transport buttons( Start, Stop, Rew f.Fwd). I using a sound card E-MU 1212M with midi connection !!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Straight out of the manual..

Tascam DM24 Manual said:
NOTE that DM-24 firmware version 1.60 or later is required for the procedures below to function.
• Connect MIDI In and Out from your computer’s MIDI interface to the DM-24.
In Cubase VST 5.xx:
• In the Options/MIDI Setup/System menu, make sure the MIDI outputs and inputs connected
to the DM-24 are enabled.
• In the Options/VST Remote menu, select Generic Remote from the Remote menu, and select
the aforementioned MIDI input and output.
• Click the Edit button, and in the Edit window select Import
• Select the file DM24VST.XML and click Okay

A few notes and caveats:
• The FF and RWD keys on the DM-24 are not capable of sending out a dual command (presson/release-off).
Once you press FF (or RWD), the transport remains in that state until you
press FF (or RWD) again.
• The STOP command in Cubase does not function as expected in the current version (v5.1r1).
Pressing STOP once will return the transport to zero and continue playing. Pressing STOP a
second time will actually stop the transport. Steinberg are aware of this and plan on fixing it in
an update.
• In the current version of Nuendo (1.52), MMC does not work. Again, Steinberg will be fixing
this in an update.

...which I found here:

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/299/dm24_&_cubase.pdf

Thank you for your response Chili! I did everything the way it is written on "The DM-24 as a Controller for Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo" text , but that is not enough, because some functions do not work, have no connection with Cubase 5 ( e.g. when I press the Start button on the DM 24, noting happens, not start transport panel on Cubase!!) !! ?? For example, I have not a function, Play, Stop, Record, Rew, f Fwd, etc !!! ??? Because I asked for more precise explanation, a step by step, probably need to adjust the DM24 !!! ??

When you say "some functions do not work", do any functions work? Is there any connection at all with Cubase?

Yes, there is MIDI communication between the fader on the DM 24 and Mixer in Cubase, and Mute button !! That's all, as I said, there is no communication with the transport switches, potentiometers with the EQ, etc !!! When I move the fader on the DM 24, the indicator for the MIDI signal appears on the transport panel Cubase ( red color) !!!

Back