Tascam Customer service

S.C.U.D

Hi,

Just thought with all the tascam issues at the moment you might find this interesting.

I ordered the 788 following the advice of this board. Spoke to my favourite music shop who matched the best price i'd been quoted and said they'd be happy to send the machine off to Tascam to get it upgraded. He rekoned it should only take a day or two as tascam advised him it was a five minute job to do the upgrade. that was a week ago. I rang the music shop today to find out where my 788 is and he was bemused as he'd arranged for tascam to send the machine on to me after they'd finished. He chased this up and when he called me back sounded annoyed. He said firstly the thought they'd lost the machine. then after another two phone calls to different people they said they have got it and it's on the list to do and should be done within 2 to 3 weeks. WHAT a five minute job is going to take them a month to turn around . Anyway my mate at the music shop said how crap he thinks they are now and he's a dealer. Although he hopes they will now sort this sooner rather than later. They did say now though that they will be sending it back to the music shop to then be sent to me.

I rang them up the other day with a question. I couldn't belive how rude the guy was that i spoke too.

They don't seem to have any regard for their customers or for any level of acceptable service.

THAT IS A SHAME! I guess when my 788 breaks down, if I can't fix it locally, it'll go in the dumpster and I'll buy a Yamaha.

I've had good and bad experience with customer service. It depends on who answers the phone. It appears they have no clue as to the damage they are doing to their reputation with these rude people. The parts department has been outstanding, but I expect that to go down hill as well if they don't pull out of this dive.

It makes you wonder what's really going on there. I've heard they drastically cut their workforce. I can imagine one or two frantic techs with a huge workload, and a skeleton crew of service personnel overwhelmed by service calls.

They shut down their user forum, possibly because they don’t have anyone left to maintain it, or one of the employees sabotaged it after being dismissed.

There may not be a Tascam one day soon. Right now, an authorized service center is probably a better alternative to sending anything to Tascam.

Tim :cool:

I don't know, I just dealt with them a few weeks ago to get the upgrade and had no problems whatsoever. The chip arrived the next days and the refund on the $30 deposit came yesterday.

By all means do the upgrade yourself, it's as easy as changing out a battery.

Back