Tascam Cassette to Computer cd. . ??

studiodrum

Hey guys,
Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm having a little trouble trying to copy an audio cassette to my computer, and I thought someone here might be able to help. . . ?

I'm using a Tascam 112 mkII cassette deck -- connected to my computer (P4, 1 gig memory, 75 gig Hard drive) I'm using the analog rca OUTS from the cassette to the LINE IN of the computer. . .

The computer, creates a wav file, . .then I burn that the music to a cd. . . unfortunately, when I play the cd, . . it starts off at the correct speed, . then all of a sudden drops off to a slower speed throughout the recording????

I've tried to record it on two separate recording software-- both MusicMatch, and Audio Record Wizard, . and it happens on both .. I have also tested the cassette deck, and the cd player??

So, I'm I doing wrong, . . .What am I missing,..I'm just not sure. .If anyone can help me with this dilemma, I would be grateful, . . !
Thanks guys!

Y'know, that just doesn't make sense!!!

That's not supposed to happen!!!

-I know, those are two totally useless comments! ;) -

Well,... if it doesn't sound abnormal from the cassette side, then it's gotta be the puter!!! (3rd useless comment).

'Puters aren't supposed to do that!!! (4th). :eek:

I know, . . . I cant figure it out??????

. . . At first I thought it was the software that I was using, . .a few months ago, I tried to record from another cd to my computer, . . using 'Audio Record Wizard' and the same exact thing happened, . .I just tossed it up as a software problem, . .But, now, When I tried it again, . this time from a cassette deck ,. the same thing happened ,. .starts out normal, . .then the tunes start to sound like they are slowing down?????

I know now that its a puter problem, .. But, why???? I'm pretty sure I have enough power, memory, and speed? and the recording only come to about 500mb. . . just cant figure it out???

BTw, . .Cheers 'Reel' ' ' long time no talk ..

Yeah,... that!

;)

Some guy showed up a while ago & asked about "ghost" parts and "scratch tracks that go to monitor but not tape",... and I'd have sworn it was you!!!

I cut to the chase, and told him it was a waste of time, and to just commit it to tape, and tape over it later, if necessary. Heh.

He was talking about a 388, (I think), and he swore he wasn't you!!! ;) :eek:

Software, probably, yes...

it must be in the burner phase, if it happens with different recording software. Or maybe even the drive hardware?

No way Jose, . that wasn't me, . .

I learn my lesson about asking that question :) besides, I'm still working with a 424, . if I had 8 tracks, . I would have needed to ask about a 'ghost track'.

Now, for my ongoing dilemma, . I'm so frustrated with this puter, . But, I don't think its my burner, . only because I burn a lot of mp3, and wavs to cd, on this computer with no problem-- My suspicion is that, its the hard drive, . but how, and why. . .???

Anyway, I might have to just break down and buy a stand alone burner, . .cause I have these cassette tapes that I need to make copies of, . . the problem is that I need to get these tapes back soon, . so, I'm time limited, . I don't have the time, or the patience to dick around with this puter, . .

So, my other question is, . .Do These standalone cd burners, . do they only burn them as a music file, . . or will they burn them as a wav. . .?

Cause, I'm wondering if I burn a cd from a cassette, . .can I then take that completed cd, and tweak it, . like adding eq, and adjusting levels, . .or would
the tweaking before I send it to the burner . .???

Stand alone CD recorder decks record CD-A files which can be ripped to mp3 or wave files by many computer programs and depending on the editing audio program you have on your computer, you can do all the things you mentioned and more.

Cheers! :)

Back