Tascam 2488 Neo (Importing and syncing multiple tracks within a song)

Jroxx7

Hello Tascam Forum,,

I have a Tascam Neo 2488. I've been working with a song containing 8 individual tracks (each being its own MP3 file). There is a count-off/click mp3 track as well. What would be the best way to import these individual mp3 tracks (click, drums, bass, guitar, guitars and keyboards) from my computer into the Tascam Neo so that they'll sync up together as one song. I have the use of both Midi and USB cords and connections.

Thank you

Jay

What I used to do is find a common transient in all the tracks and line them all up. Usually a snare hit is a good place to start. It will take a little time if the other tracks don't have a sound at the same place.

I'm assuming these are not from the same source, otherwise they should line up automatically if they were exported properly.

Are they all the same resolution? You'll need them in 16bit/44.1 or 24bit/44.1 ... and they need to be all the same as the song you're creating on your 2488. (page 81 in the manual). Are the tracks the same length? Do they all start at 00:00:00? If so, there should be no problem. Can you do what Manslick suggests (I suspect not). If not, you'll have to do some prep work. First, using a DAW I'd route each track to another (including the silent parts of each track) so all tracks start at 00:00:00. You could add that count-off to all tracks in the DAW, too. Then I'd convert those new tracks to whatever resolution you want to work in. Now it should be easy to import the tracks to your 2488neo.

I can be done if you know ahead of time.
As you said - prep work.
For years I programmed tracks in Reason and recorded them from the PC one at a time on the 2488.
But I always put a huge transient at the beginning and it was very easy to line them up.
Cause we really don't know what the OP is trying to do.

Back